• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hotchkis Suspension

Encswsm

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's going on with Hotchkis Sports Suspension? I ordered parts last week and they took my money but when I look at my account it says the order is on hold. I sent a email to find out why with no response.
Today I tried to call and all I got was got the run around with their phone system and only ended up getting hung up without ever getting to speak to someone. I'm wondering if something is going on.

Can you get the card company to pull the funds back? You should not have a charge unless the goods are on the way.

I ordered a set of rear springs and torsion bars through Summit in September... took about 2 months to get the rear springs, and I haven't gotten the torsion bars yet. They were supposed to ship about a week ago, now Summit is saying Hotchkis told them March. I called Hotchkis to see what was up... left a message because their phone message said they were closed (2 hours earlier than the same message said their business hours were), no reply several days later. I'm about ready to cancel the order and get torsion bars from Bergman.

I ordered torsion bars from Peter at Bergman a week ago. They were delivered today.

Yes I think Hotchkis is having difficulties. Maybe they put up a still in their back room!:rofl:

Along with BAC, there's Firm Feel and Sway Away.
Been waiting for my sway bars from FF since September too... on a "they'll ship in two months" original timeline. I will say they have been communicative about there being delays, unlike Hotchkis who won't answer the phone. But I'm still not happy about it. My front bar is supposedly shipping this week (two weeks late on the last deadline they gave me), but who knows when the rear bar will. If they didn't have a unique (like OEM) rear bar design I'd have canceled the order already. I will also say, they're speedy when they have things in stock.

what's so frustrating for me is I cant even cancel the order. PayPal has the money tied up waiting on them to draw it. I cant get my money back till Hotchkis draws it it and I cant cancel my order unless I can get hold of Hotchkis. and those jerks do not answer the phone. . I have the front suspension broken down and wanted to weld the sway bar tabs on while I was welding my boxing plate onto the Control Arm

I guess Ill buy the ones from Bergman they're almost 2x hotchkis but at least Ill get them...Hopefully...

what's so frustrating for me is I cant even cancel the order. PayPal has the money tied up waiting on them to draw it. I cant get my money back till Hotchkis draws it it and I cant cancel my order unless I can get hold of Hotchkis. and those jerks do not answer the phone. . I have the front suspension broken down and wanted to weld the sway bar tabs on while I was welding my boxing plate onto the Control Arm
I guess I was lucky I ordered through Summit, they don't charge until it ships for backordered stuff.

So I just checked at Summit and they canceled my Hotchkis torsion bar order... without telling me.
Ordered a torsion bar set from Bergman and just for spite a Borgeson steering box too.

We'll see what FF has to say about my sway bars tomorrow.

I guess I was lucky I ordered through Summit, they don't charge until it ships for backordered stuff.
I ordered a back ordered back bumper from summit last year. They took my money and didn’t send a bumper. I eventually cancelled my order.

One of the many reasons I don't do PayPal. Better to have less cooks in the kitchen.

I hardly use PayPal either, have any of you tried Helwig? I used a large diameter one one the front of my 71 Sebring and it is AWESOME!!!

Does anyone know what's going on with Hotchkis Sports Suspension? I ordered parts last week and they took my money but when I look at my account it says the order is on hold. I sent a email to find out why with no response.
Today I tried to call and all I got was got the run around with their phone system and only ended up getting hung up without ever getting to speak to someone. I'm wondering if something is going on.
Hello all I’m new here. Unfortunately this post is the reason for joining. I recently purchased a rear sway bar kit from HOTCHKIS. I’m getting the same result, call and I get “we are currently upgrading our system” cannot speak to an actual person. Got an email saying my order was placed on hold but they charged my card as well. Not sure where to go except to report that it was a fraudulent charge on my card. Any suggestions?

Hello all I’m new here. Unfortunately this post is the reason for joining. I recently purchased a rear sway bar kit from HOTCHKIS. I’m getting the same result, call and I get “we are currently upgrading our system” cannot speak to an actual person. Got an email saying my order was placed on hold but they charged my card as well. Not sure where to go except to report that it was a fraudulent charge on my card. Any suggestions?
I ordered some stuff from Hotchkis the first of last month. When I didn't hear anything I tried calling and got the never ending Phone transfer circle jerk. So I sent an email telling them their customer service sucked and to cancel my order. I sent my email on January 31st and on Feb 5, I got a response from Jonathan Hatfield from Hotchkis saying they were implementing a new system causing delays and they wouldn't be up to speed for 4 to 6 weeks! Holy Cow what company can afford to totally turn off all customer service for two or three months? WoW! I don't even work in a customer service organization and we couldn't go months without producing anything. Crazy! and what company brings in a new system before making sure it will work... Dumb. I would be afraid of any warrantee items with that company.

Auto Transport Service
Back