• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hotchkis TVS kit with Pirate Jack's MRM 4 disc conversion, any issues?

Spartan

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need some more feedback. I have ordered the Hotchkis TVS kit for my 68 Roadrunner and am currently pricing brakes. Although I had hoped to go with a 4 wheel Wilwood or Baer system, the forecast for upcoming work is sketchy at the moment and I am trying to complete my project before summer without going way over budget in into my mortgage fund.

I came across the Pirate Jack's Mopar 12" Big Brake kit on ebay and seems to be a decent kit from what I read and a good price.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201772815613?ul_noapp=true

Anyways, the TVS kit lowers the front down about an inch or so but I see nothing mentioned in the parts lists about spindles. The Pirate Jacks brake kit list of parts includes stock height spindles. Will these two kits match up correctly and still give me the same drop that I am expecting out of the TVS kit?

Thanks in advance, my knowledge on car parts is limited, this is my first car build, I already have a 72 Chevelle but it was not a build and my previous build experience is on Harleys.

Try Dr Diff in Montana. I bought his 4 wheel units which are based off of 03-07 stang gt. Way easier sourced replacement service parts.

Dr diff always has quality parts and fair pricing. I buy from him every time I see him at the Spring Fling show in Van Nuys. Probably bought 8-9 items from him and never been disappointed. Bought Blistein shocks from Hotchkis when they sold them and made my 1970 Cuda handle pretty nice. I also got their real leafs which lowered the car the way I wanted, but are still a little soft for me. Will add rear swaybar and see if I can make em work for my car.cant help on disc brakes, I get nearly at-cost Wilwoods so it's worth it to me to spend on it. From what I heard, a lot of folks like Cass disc brake assemblies.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back