• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House electric debauchery, crazy things you've seen/done...

She was a 'B' cup or overall, a B?? lol
Honestly she never made enough of an impression on me to pay attention to cups or saucers.. She was quite a bit larger than any woman I ever dated & the "B" comment was actually degrading to female dogs everywhere... And for that I apologize... Cause I like dogs...

Yep, anyone with a hammer and the will can renovate a house themselves and make a fortune.....not.

The number of DIY disasters I have seen are incredible. Usually, it's a tradie from the wrong trade who did the work.....or a mate (and the homeowner can never remember who it was)...but fix it we must. I did some major re-wiring for a friend who died earlier this year, and we found a few things funky, but mostly it was good, just old. We did open up what was the kitchen wall, only to find a galv nail (used in the old days for drywall) that had punctured the water pipe, and somehow not leaked.

The nail has been there since around 1970 when the house was built.

View attachment 1547932View attachment 1547933
Oh man, that brings up another electrical nightmare!! One of my daughters wanted some shelving in her closet and her boyfriend at the time was going to help her and knew woodworking. He did pretty good work but a nail hit a wire that was run down the stud to the AC compressor. 220 now....and he barely caught the stud....actually caught some of it but the nail curved and hit the wire and well, it created a fire within the wall. Only way I found it was when I installed a 5 ton AC unit several years later. The AC guy said I needed to install a larger cooper line to the evap for the larger unit and didn't want to do that job until I told him I would cut the sheet rock out of the way to make the install easier and then repair the sheet rock myself.

Once the sheet rock was out of the way, what I saw freaked me out!! The whole area inside that wall was burnt!! I'm guessing the nail melted and that short stopped and there wasn't enough oxy to support was was going on in there. I found that 13 years ago and yes, the 5 ton is still going after doing the repairs. Just can't believe it didn't pop the breaker....but maybe it did. I am VERY picky these days about who does what inside my home!

Auto Transport Service
Back