• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a thread of the spouses that put up with our foolishness

lol.......found it.......my bad, thought it was the instructor, but it was right after her first and last jump

Two Sky Divers in Fatal Tangle in New Jersey - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

DistantRingedBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

First....

25fca149-bab5-4319-b864-243b94aec469 sw.jpg

Now that that's out of the way...single here (having a perfect face for radio helps that!), and I'm good with that. But yes, the dishwasher makes an excellent parts washer (grease is grease - doesn't matter if it's chicken or Dodge!); the oven makes an excellent paint cooker and kydex-forming machine. I do manage to keep all my car stuff out in the garage(mahal), but I have plenty of my pro audio stuff littered around the dining room - solder station, bad cables, new connectors, test power supplies, spares...

I was married once. She hated the garage, hated the cars, hated the motorcycles. I have massive respect for the guys who a) keep married, and b) have wives who support and enjoy the hobby themselves! Maybe a little jealousy...maybe... :)

(Hint: if you wash parts in the dishwasher, unload it and fill it with a load of dishes immediately - nobody will be the wiser! Baking finishes in the oven...might take a couple pans of bacon on the range to hide the fragrance)

Triplegreen500, you said it brother!! SAME here across the board, especially with WAS MARRIED. Having a supportive woman keeps marriages together, props to the ladies supporting their men & enjoying Mopar hobby too!!

Relationships are all different
My wife and I married young and this Sept. marks 47 years for us
I enjoy old cars, I dont live and breathe for them, my wife isn't into the old car scene, its never been a issue and why would it be
Sure your wife being into the car hobby can be fun but if that's a big priority for you, ok, to each his own
D1FEC486-3895-471D-8268-3684996DA9EC.jpeg

Thats my wife and three of our granddaughters. I believe this picture was taken around seven years ago on a pier in LA on our way to a vacation in Hawaii. She was at that time three years into her cancer diagnosis and three surgeries.
All she cares about is her family........Cars no. Whose luckier than me

Wife never says anything about the car stuff......until yesterday. I bought a new daily driver Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk. She says.....you bought that for a daily driver? Taking the long way to work over south mountain?

Wife never says anything about the car stuff......until yesterday. I bought a new daily driver Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk. She says.....you bought that for a daily driver? Taking the long way to work over south mountain?
Don't blame you, make it a point to make the trek to the top every year when I'm down there.

When I posted I met my wife in a speed shop I was not joking. Her brothers had opened one in the early 70s as most it only lasted a few years.
They had a shop with 4 bays in the back. I was friends with her brother. I knew her just from that .
One afternoon I was under my car , don't recall why but was on a creeper and seen a pair of girls feet . I didn't say a word but reached out and grabbed her ankle. She screamed . lmao I got a royal *** chewing from a red headed irish gal.
We been together ever since.

Me and my wife Beth...her corvette she bought in '08...she'd love to have a plum crazy mopar..which I don't have in my collection....yet. We enjoy going to car shows and we both like antiques, she not a big fan of the noise at the dragstrip.Lol. Probably won't be going as fast as when I was younger...and very single:rolleyes:

20150827_150506.jpg 20200426_160402.jpg

Last edited:
Can't say enough for my Wife. Been married for over 30 years and she knew I always wanted to get back into the hobby but hesitated to spend the money. Finally, after years of looking at cars for sale on line and realizing I could never afford a Runner (my 1st new car) she caught me looking at the ad for my '66 Net and said "why don't you just buy it!?" Went to look at it & have had it since '13! What a girl!
IMG_2917.JPG

My wife is an artist she likes to create stuff with colors and shapes and shine.
She's a great cook and has an interest in history, geneology and is a lot of fun.
Not a big car person but she does like the Plymouth.
She used to complain when I worked on my cars but not anymore.
upload_2021-4-23_13-41-7.png

Supervising the derby car build (Yelling at my son likely...)
upload_2021-4-23_13-42-35.png

We will celebrate 30 years in October.
She is the one who spotted my 66 Charger when we were going to look at a 68.

Last edited:
lisa supervising 3-19-17.jpg
Love of my life Lisa, the only reason I'm still above the worms at this point. Seriously...

Story of this pic - which I admit, isn't the most flattering and yes, she most definitely WOULD kill me if she knew (so mum's the word, wiseguys!):
This is the 2nd 440 I yanked out of Fred in 2017 (the 3rd still resides betwixt the fenders today, the original being long gone before we ever got the car).
Said engine was then blocking her assigned parking bay in the garage - and it's a really cold and blustery day that day - and this big ol' lunkhead wants her to come out to the garage for a photo, which she hates having done to her anyways.

I finally resorted to saying the sooner she agreed, the sooner she could have her parking spot back, so she throws a coat on over whatever house scrubs she's wearing at the moment and comes out to the garage, which has no heat - then refuses to smile, just once, for a pic.
Again, I had to resort to extortion - "you no smiley, me no get your car back in here". :)
This is what I got - yeah, y'all know what's behind that smile...:mad:
She got her car back in the garage - and shortly thereafter, I acquiesced to her own demands, swallowed my pride and waited on help to arrive before attempting the install of the replacement 440.
(She never admits to worrying over me, redhead you know - but she does, rather forcefully when needed).

She's never turned me down when I ask for her help and although she had zero interest in mechanical things, she does have a working knowledge of the basics.
That said, she's got quite the leadfoot and she ain't no furrin car lover. :)
She also attends the various events and cruise-ins with me, sometimes just because I want her to.
She has no desire whatsoever to drive Fred, though - she's witnessed what a handful he is to drive (manual everything + stiff-assed clutch + general lack of braking power).
A rare sighting of her behind the wheel (two engines ago, mind you - if you listen close, you can almost hear the Comp cam wiping lobes just sitting there):

Lookit....
As much as one might expect otherwise, on the very rare occasions life has put me in a spot that I didn't see any other way out of a jam than to sell Fred the GTX, it has always been my wife (the same wife who fusses about how much the car costs usually) who has looked me dead in the eye and said "NO!"
As much as you might imagine me to be exasperating to live with - and trust me, I am - this fiery redheaded Yankee wife of mine somehow manages to love me all the same.
I am blessed - and this time, I'm finally wise enough to realize and appreciate that. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back