• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a thread of the spouses that put up with our foolishness

We just had our 31st anniversary. So, she’s put up with me a long time! 2 careers, many cars and car parts! Too many other shenanigans to list!

Here she is watching the paint bubble with some sort of hard cider type drink! I tried it and it was nasty btw! She looks a little concerned over the hood! Maybe just the taste of the cider!
:lol::lol:
2E947BC3-30F7-4501-ABF7-912F9B0B8C1F.jpeg

My wife of 33 yrs had 2 brothers, but she was the one handing her dad wrenches when he worked on the family cars. She loves cars - going for rides, going to car shows, drag races, etc. and will help me in the garage as long as she doesn't have to get dirty :lol:

Her favorite tasks are pumping the brakes while I bleed them and making lunch.

19 years already. Can't show any cool car related pictures.. she doesn't get it, she has no love for the classics but she tolerates me.
IMG_20210327_161612105_HDR.jpg

Let's try this again.....

Brake bleeder, RPM holder, car push assistant, flat tow puller (or braker), and one of my favorites- bacon chef.

I've meet yy1 in person years ago at mopar super swap meet .
Let me say dude score she is definitely the better looking of the two of you!

View attachment 1100638

Also owns her own air compressor, vacuum pump (which I'm currently borrowing for AC work), nail gun, compound, sliding miter saw, etc.

Can drive a manual trans and frequently chirps second.

Has her motorcycle endorsement.

Owns her own, profitable business.

Insisted we hang guitars on our living room wall.

(I think I'm falling in LOVE...again)

So I was told no pictures! So I found a old one
KIMG0038_01.JPG

This was 14 years ago or so

Obviously when you were living on the equator.

She doesn't have to help after 42 years, she bought it for me as a gift!!
IMG_3437.jpg
20190413_142804 (2).jpg

My wife is down to help. She likes to learn how to some of the basics on the car. She can rejet the carbs, remove and reinstall valve covers, check timing, change spark plugs. She is my official crew chief when at the track, helps back up the trailer. She is pretty much down to help with anything I need....UNLESS I interrupt her Sunday afternoon nap. I have never woken a sleeping bear, but I have a pretty good idea of what it is like!!!!!:)

FB_IMG_1582900438104.jpg
20190601_093049(0).jpg

I should have mentioned. As a Car girl she has her own toys. And yes she can row the 4 speed in the Challenger.
Doug

Like many of your wife's, mine tolerate my mess in the service room, using the laundry room as a shop, the washer machine as a table, the parking space as a shop, i have parts of my coronet in the closet, cleaning my greasy hands in my pants, she pick my clothes when we go out, i don't have to worry about, shoes, she buy it for me, pretty much all my clothes, she's always worries about what I eat, now that I think about it she's a great wife, when we found out that she can't have children, she cry an told me that if I want the divorce and find another another women to have kids she would be fine it it, i said **** no i do not marry you to give me children, we are together in this for good, bad or worse, twelve years and counting.
IMG-20200109-WA0000.jpg

Good thread !
Now I want a honest count on how many of you long term married guys ever used your dish washer as a parts cleaner ?

Me ... oh hell no,
but i do have a friend that did that lmao, cost him a new dishwasher.

Not the DW but have used the oven to bake wrinkle finish.

...I see someone else has too.

Then, 1970 something.....
20161113_130353.jpg

And now
We each have our own horsepower.
She's not allowed in the garage, too many questions " when did you get that, and what is it"?
I don't go to the horse barn either, "is that a new trailer"?
:thumbsup:
20170603_160114.jpg

Nope on dishwasher. Dining room table rebuilding dash and interior yes

Auto Transport Service
Back