• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about some Torque & twist

tumblr_nrc0znhMQz1ryx07vo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nrc0znhMQz1ryx07vo1_540.jpg

Love bobtiles GTX. Love to see it pop the wheels off the ground. I hope Mine does that when I get it back. If it doesn't I'll be calling you........ Lol

I had a black 60 Impala 2 dr HT with a balanced and blueprinted 348 4 barrel and three speed on the floor. Why GM ever made cars without leaf springs is beyond me. I had the arm that attached the rear end to the frame rewelded numerous times. Every time it broke the rear axle would slide back and pull the two piece driveshaft out of the center carrier.

Byron Wheelie contest, always has some good ones

My care before the anti roll bar. It leaves straight now.

1895487C-84D9-4FF7-B750-2EE548554EB8_zpsgmeghtzg.jpg

GET'Xd quote: "How does the torque get so one sided on these cars? Why do they twist one way over the other? Pretty incredible......"

Answer:
I believe its has to do with the direction the crank rotates

Same as the SHAKER Scoop on Fords and Mopars (SD Pontiacs too)

The engine torques clockwise and the rear end torques counter clockwise. For the non limited slip cars on the street, the rear end torquing CCW is the reason why the right side wheel wants to do all the spinning.

Auto Transport Service
Back