• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about some vintage 1969 coronet pictures

IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1378.jpg
IMG_1379.jpg
Dads 69 running at Great Lakes back in 1970...

I saw that second picture of your black car somewhere else on the internet and have had it saved for inspiration for my bee I'm building. It looks great standing tall all the way around. Do you happen to have any other pictures of it?
Just those 2

Hope you don't mind BigD, Here's the gal a few years ago at Carlisle.

darin5.jpg

I bought a new SuperBee in February 1969 in St. Thomas, Ontario. It was a Sunfire Yellow coupe with 383, automatic and RamAir. The car was delivered with whitewall tires and optional full wheel discs. The car looked great, but the wheel/tire combo sucked. I quickly mounted the tires black side out on chromed, reversed rims, which were popular at the time and much more affordable than "mags". I had the car a couple of years, but have not seen it in 50 years.
Imagine my surprise at seeing it last year on Hemmings Magazine daily blog. A picture of it was taken by a London Free Press photographer in the summer of 1969 and printed in the local London, Ontario newspaper. This shot was taken at the main intersection in Grand Bend, Ontario, known for its great beaches and drag strip. In the summer, this is a very popular beach destination and resort spot. In the summers of 1969 and 1970, my girl friend's (now wife) family had a summer cottage nearby and I was quite regularly in the Grand Bend area. I know this is my SuperBee, by the light color, RamAir hood and chromed wheels. Imagine all the coincidences that had to occur for me to see this picture more than 50 years later.

1969.png

I've read the story of your Bee somewhere for sure - but please help my memory. ;-) So she did order it with the Mod Top? So cool.

A little background on the Floral Tops. 153 A bodies built and 65 B bodies built. Only 26 Super Bees and 39 WH23 cars.

The sales for the V1H option were not as successful as the Mod Tops (2574 total). We have data from other known V1H Super Bees indicating these were Y16 cars (Sales Bank). The theory is, due to poor sales Dodge pushed the Super Bees out to the dealerships to promote the option.

Coll Auto Sales was blest with the A12 V1H Bee from Dodge. The car did not sell and ended up going to auction after what appears 18 months or more on the lot. A small used car dealer bought the car and sold it to the Kelly's. This was on April 22, 1971. I have the original bill of sale. Testimony from the Kelly's indicate the car was new with very low mileage when they took delivery. The ownership history is well documented from this point forward.

So, to answer your question, no the original owners did not order it.

Hope you don't mind BigD, Here's the gal a few years ago at Carlisle.

No problem at all Mike! It is an awesome picture of the same woman 48 years later. As I said previously, it is one of the best moments I have experienced with the hobby. She cried when she saw the car.

D

A little background on the Floral Tops. 153 A bodies built and 65 B bodies built. Only 26 Super Bees and 39 WH23 cars.

The sales for the V1H option were not as successful as the Mod Tops (2574 total). We have data from other known V1H Super Bees indicating these were Y16 cars (Sales Bank). The theory is, due to poor sales Dodge pushed the Super Bees out to the dealerships to promote the option.

Coll Auto Sales was blest with the A12 V1H Bee from Dodge. The car did not sell and ended up going to auction after what appears 18 months or more on the lot. A small used car dealer bought the car and sold it to the Kelly's. This was on April 22, 1971. I have the original bill of sale. Testimony from the Kelly's indicate the car was new with very low mileage when they took delivery. The ownership history is well documented from this point forward.

So, to answer your question, no the original owners did not order it.

No problem at all Mike! It is an awesome picture of the same woman 48 years later. As I said previously, it is one of the best moments I have experienced with the hobby. She cried when she saw the car.

D
That is a great story thanks for sharing .

Auto Transport Service
Back