• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you get rid of squirrels

All I can say at this point is - as many NFL coaches say - Defense wins games. My defensive strategy appears to have worked. I’ve only seen those 2 little pricks once since I blitzed them. Me thinks they don’t like my place any more. And I haven’t even rec’d my offensive “stuff” yet. So I’ll probably just return it when I do.

Hail to Caesar!

They were just the scouts. Just wait till the whole division arrives in force.

They were just the scouts. Just wait till the whole division arrives in force.
If that happens they’ll be met with withering gun fire, air support and even tho I’m not on the water I’ll call in the Navy ..…. I have the plan, if they come I just need to execute….. This war will not be lost….. They’ve awakened a “Sleeping Giant” …..

To quote Robert Duval: "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. Smells like...Victory.":elmer::rofl:

The sport is to shoot them in the eye, with a 22, or high power pellet gun. Then clean and dress them and fry them up. Just as good as chicken.

I use those on my side yard where's people leave deposit's when walking their dogs. I supplement it with pee.
Careful, you'll have some nosey HOA committee member dob you in for public urination. :lol:

I was going to suggest peanuts soaked in roundup......

The squirrels around me are only a minor nuisance. I have been having much more problems with chipmunks!
Which technically are ground squirrels, so I guess I am having trouble with squirrels.
The chipmunks have decided that underneath my concrete walks and stoop is a great home, and their digging burrows is causing sinking.
I was trying to get them from under my stoop, and I seem to be no match for them. Filling the gaps with tar mixed with stones didn’t work, they gnawed and chewed right through it. I poured used motor oil under the stoop. I later found oily sand and gravel strewn on my driveway. They’d snap mousetraps without getting caught. And when I dropped rodent trap bait in the hole, the square of poison would vanish but the rodents didn’t. I guess they are immune to blood thinners?
My next door neighbors with the BLM sign in their window would object if I shot them.
I did find a way to keep squirrels from attacking my vegetable plants. I stick plastic forks in the ground around the plants. I sometimes have to endure smartazz questions about why I’m growing forks, but it keeps them from eating my crops!

If that happens they’ll be met with withering gun fire, air support and even tho I’m not on the water I’ll call in the Navy ..…. I have the plan, if they come I just need to execute….. This war will not be lost….. They’ve awakened a “Sleeping Giant” …..
a_10 brrrrrt sanitized.jpg

Just be careful if you have PETA members for neighbors, don't let anyone see you shoot them, make sure they fall on your side of the fence.
F**k that! What happens on MY side of the fence is MY business. Don't even think about getting your candy-*** up in my grill (not you lemondana, the PETA dicks). It won't end well...

BTW, I live in the country and there is a code. When you're not helping out your neighbor, mind your own business.

I hear you. But I've had them fall on the neighbors side of the fence, then you have to run around on their property to throw the squirrel back on your side. I was always on 2nd shift, so all of my neighbors were at work. Then I'd put the deceased in a couple plastic grocery bags and put them in the trash barrel at work. There were times, when they wouldn't empty the trash in hot weather, they got very smelly.

If you are a halfway decent shot, sub sonic 22's don't make much noise, and if well placed, will be instantaneous.

The sport is to shoot them in the eye, with a 22, or high power pellet gun. Then clean and dress them and fry them up. Just as good as chicken.
The Ground Squirrel's out here carry Bubonic Plague. Not wise to eat. Tree Squirrel's probably ok. Save the others for feeding Buzzards, Crows, Yoteys etc.

I have an old Benjamin .177 caliber I bought 35 years ago. Does the job just fine.

I have found any Mopar makes for a great squirrel-killing machine. My Imperial is impressive in this process!

I've been here for 40 years and so far, so good. I do put out some food for them and have some that come up to me looking for food and a couple of them will come into the shop looking for something to eat.....
I didn't read all of this thread, but if you don't want them in one location, bait them with a feeder in another and two miles away will not work. LOL. Obviously, them just leaving is the real answer, but not always a reality. Bait and switch. It's like you not wanting you kid to break you car, get one for his own........ So to speak.

Not politically correct solution with a guarantee;
When you change the green antifreeze in your MoPar, set it out in bowls. Keep your pets away though.
No noise from any firearm, pellet gun, or explosives.

Auto Transport Service
Back