• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Handle The Mopar Craziness?

[QUOTE=sublimegtx;909857238 My car is a 68' sport sat/gtx clone, and ya it's painted a 70' color and my engine bay is black, and it's not a perfect clone, but I love it!!!

Excuse me if this is one of those "Oh no he didn't" questions. What is wrong with a black engine bay, as long as the owner loves it?

When I show up at the local car show with the hemi. The Chevrolet guys all turn their heads. They know the sound when they hear it. They all feel the rumble as I pass by very slowly. I park the car over in the corner. All the Chevrolet guys walk over knowing the big dog has arrived. I feel their envy, knowing a Mopar has crashed the showed. Next thing a few of my buds show up with old mopar iron and like a true mopar group they all part around me. I walk off for a coffee leaving the hood open and i watch the chevrolet guys circle around the car. Walking back I can feel the thick air and the whispering while they look the car over. The stares when they see the motor and look at the red and Jet black interior and crager Ss wheels. This makes all the years and work to complete this car worth every bit. standing out of the crowd and getting acknolwedged for it. The guy s who knew me from 30 years ago when i showed up at the same club driving a 70 hemi charger and now again. Worth all the Tea in China.

sublimegtx;909857238My car is a 68' sport sat/gtx clone said:
Well Ma Mopar painted her engine compartments the same color as the car. That's one of the things I love about mopars. Mine just happens to have been painted black at some point. It's the only thing I don't like about my car. But barring any engine problems I don't forsee pulling it to have it painted. If I had to pull the engine there wouldn't be any $$ left to put into the engine compartment. Nothing's wrong with it I'd just rather a color matched compartment.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=milogarage visits#/watch?v=h9nH_-aLw_I

In this clip, advance to about 6:30 to watch. It is at a cool hot rod garage in the SFBay area. Chevy guys are drooling over Chevies when you hear thunder in the distance. Yours truly arriving in the Coronet uncorked. Followed by my friend John in the 700 HP Hughes engine powered 70 'Cuda. Even the announcer gets involved. Grand entrance. Enjoy.

In this clip, advance to about 6:30 to watch. It is at a cool hot rod garage in the SFBay area. Chevy guys are drooling over Chevies when you hear thunder in the distance. Yours truly arriving in the Coronet uncorked. Followed by my friend John in the 700 HP Hughes engine powered 70 'Cuda. Even the announcer gets involved. Grand entrance. Enjoy.

Your car sounds pretty bad *** Dennis. thanks for sharing.

I couldn't get that link to start but this worked

[video=youtube_share;h9nH_-aLw_I]http://youtu.be/h9nH_-aLw_I?t=6m29s[/video]

Camera man definitely not a mopar guy. Haahaaa he gave up on his. You're car and that cuda sound great!

Two years ago, I drove my 67 R/T from Wyoming to California and just happened to be passing through Santa Rosa on Fathers Day. There huge annual Fathers Day car show was happening.....so I rumbled through and registered my Mopar. I was told by the staff that they really appreciated my car at the show because there were 12 examples of Mopars only. People were all over my car asking questions and taking pics. The moral of this is that it's expensive, time consuming, research demanding, hard work, dedication, maddening and oh, did I mention expensive! The reward is always being in your happy-place while driving/showing! I wish I wrote down all the comments that I have heard over the years regarding Mopars. Here are a few: HOLLY SH_T, I had one like that, What kind of job do you need to own a car like that, I will trade you, Over the top, Can you put me in your will, I hate youuuuu!, I will trade you a night with my wife to drive your car, Who restored your car?, How much did that cost, Thats the nicest car I have ever seen. Thumbs up, The list goes on.....That is pure bliss! Steve, OCD Restoration

Ok, so here's a comment I overheard 2 years ago this summer that made me smile. While pulling into a large swap meet/car show I was slowly rumbling past the busy swap area and I heard a fella say "Wow a Polara 500, I haven't seen 1 of those in a long time" It made all the hard work worth it.

I had to fast forward thru most of it, but the Mopars were sounding loud & proud for sure, nice Coronet & cuda' than red hemi RR

Around hear I have to admit I grew up "at a young age" wanting a 69 Camaro or a 55 Chevy "why" because as far as I new that was the only cool cars around. Nobody and I mean nobody drove any cool Mopars, it wasn't until I spent the night at one of my friends house and on the way to school we passed a 1970 Challenger for sale (600.00), it was primer grey and a pretty solid looking car. That was it, I had to have it but at the age of probably 10 there was no way my dad would even consider it. From that point on I knew that Mopars where the ****, over time I grew more fond of the roomy B Bodies and opted for my 1969 Charger. As far as getting parts, my local auto store is an old family owned store that know there stuff and are now an Auto Value distributor.

Torino

They drove a 74 Torino, similar striping tho.

Like this ?

- - - Updated - - -

I cant tell you how many times, when guys ask, "what car are you building", they have no clue what it looks like. Then I pull up a picture and it's; "WOW, That is cool!!" Ya, No $hit... I sometimes get the response, "I think those old Mopars are ugly." "Well, to each his own guess. BTW all the other sheep drove off that way in a camaro."

I hear ya there, I get the same question when I tell them a '68 Charger. With our MOPARS being "famous", all I have to tell them is the car in "BULLITT" or "Dukes of Hazzard", they respond," cool car.........".

Attachments

• star1edit.jpg
    star1edit.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 135
sublimegtx;909857238 My car is a 68' sport sat/gtx clone said:
There is nothing wrong with a black engine bay, I have one. Besides, I'm not going for a 100 point concurs resto. The previous owner had it that way so I left it. He was a GM guy, probably the reason, he had 7 other restored muscle cars. This was his only MOPAR.

Chargerguy, I hear what you're saying, my car is no show car never will be. I drive it everyday it's not raining in the summer and I'm not afraid to drive it hard. A lot of the guys that have the big $$ in their car would never drive it as often and the way I do. Have had people tell me stuff like... ya know for $150 you could put new leafs on there and get rid of those shackles. Well I'm on an unemployed budget and $150 is a good amount of loud pedal fun. I'm just happy to be able to keep it and drive it :steering:

E, that is so true....the Mopar people gather and B.S. like we know each other for years..
also driving up in a car that is the only one like it & sounds mean, gets looks, is pricless ( I love this $hit)
:hello2:

So true, The Chevy and Ford guys think they are the coolest, but what cars get the crowd around them and have the mystique at the multiple make car shows???? the Hemi car that showed up or the 1 of 10 made Mopar. All those Chevy and Ford guys know the have to respect the Mopar, because they know that Hemi car or 340 car can kick their 327, 350, 302, 454 cars butt

Damn almost going back 3 years to dig this one up...LOL

Chevy and Ford guys are not smart enough to think for themselfs as they are "Followers" and go with Ford or Chevy because everyone else does and they dont know any better. Us Mopar people are leaders as we know whats best and do what we know is best as we dont have to do like others and follow them since we are smarter and we know Mopars are best and we are not afraid to be different and go with the best which we know is MOPAR!!! Ron

I've owned Mopars since I was twelve years old, and in my mid-50s now. I like them. They're not the same old thing Joe or John are driving - a Camaro is a Camaro, and a Mustang is a Mustang.

Auto Transport Service
Back