• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Handle The Mopar Craziness?

I've restored many kinds of cars chargers,mustang s,camaros,trans ams, stuff like that and its all rewarding till you get to a car show and there's a line of the same cars the charger on the other hand I can go to a huge event and still be the only one if you just want a cool old car to drive around buy a mustang there cheap and easy to work on parts are everywhere . If you want a bad *** car no one else will have well you'll need to work a bit harder at it look for the parts gather parts here and there . And iit's not cheap . But the reward is so much better when you have the only one at your local show .
We literally have rows if mustang s camaro s and corvette s . And a hand full of mopars and other hard to restore cars and the crowds are always around the rarer cars .

My 1st car was a 65 belvedere I bought when I was in the 9th grade .30 over 440,stick with n50'd,,,,lol. Was the fastest car in high school and I wasn't in high school yet.
I have my currant car over 25 years. Things sure have changed. Cyberspace helps connect us all and the for sale sections are great. God bless the guys that still pack all their ****,drag to the swap meets then pack it up and bring it home. Swap meets used to be the only place to find what you needed.
In these parts there is a cruze in spot EVERY night of the week with several choices on a few nights. I enjoy the look on faces and the blank stares when they look up. Once I back into a spot, get out the car,walk 15 feet in front of the car and turn around,,,,,,,,you can't see the car because it's surrounded!!There are lots of 9 second cars running around,not as many MOPARS.

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 113
I've restored many kinds of cars chargers,mustang s,camaros,trans ams, stuff like that and its all rewarding till you get to a car show and there's a line of the same cars the charger on the other hand I can go to a huge event and still be the only one if you just want a cool old car to drive around buy a mustang there cheap and easy to work on parts are everywhere . If you want a bad *** car no one else will have well you'll need to work a bit harder at it look for the parts gather parts here and there . And iit's not cheap . But the reward is so much better when you have the only one at your local show .
We literally have rows if mustang s camaro s and corvette s . And a hand full of mopars and other hard to restore cars and the crowds are always around the rarer cars .

I agree, Camaro's, Chevelle's, Nova's and Mustangs are plentiful but not very often is there another Charger. People really seam to appreciate the old Mopar at the shows plus seeing it on the streets everyday around home has sparked a lot of curiosity in the youth that just love it. You have to drive them!!!!

Yep, no cultist, love many different types, 68/9 Coros being amongst my favorite..im with Tallhair, i dont care to see others in my car.
Far as i know, Mopar production was a third of Ford & GM, giving to todays exclusivity......my three stock B bods i had, all 318 cars w/o sway bar, 69 Charger, 69 Coro hdtp & 68 Coro post/bench(Fav) are the only Production cars i cherish memories of, close to my old, very limited prod, very Hand made deTomaso Mangusta....401 total......Pantera is NOT a handmade car and vibe of car does not approach the Goose......for what i let get away and wish i had back. the Post Coro is second only to Goose.....the 116/117" wheelbase is unfadeable for cutting thru the canyons in the tight ****, not a highly publicized or well known feature of the B's....pitch the BB and stay SB, tweak the ground control, slam it into weeds and give it major footprint, it is one hard *** to follow in the twisties....BB's can Handle well enough, but Hard Hard on front brakes and tyres. B Bodies are the Bomb, Best of American iron.

I've been doing MOPARS since 1970 after moving to TX. 4 yrs. ago this is bow tie and oval country up. in upstate NY. and the NE. it was MOPAR country. I have found some rare parts for my 65 satellite here at way too many swap meets across TX. and OK.

Auto Transport Service
Back