• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you lock out distributor?

nomadci

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I have an electronic (magnetic pickup) vacuum advance distributor and I need to lock it out at 32 degrees. Never done this before so I don't have a clue. Is it possible to lock out a vacuum advance distributor? I know 32 is high but it is for a Procharger and was recommended by the Supercharger Store.

Some people use a screw down through the two plates in the dist "one that mounts to the housing the other is the one that the pickup mounts to".
The better way would be to drill a hole down through both and secure them together with a bolt and Nylock nut. I would even place some loctite on that nut too! Then simply dial in the adv that you want. You can buy some aftermarket electronics to control that spark and provide yourself some initial "retard" timing for starting that thing once it gets warmed up a bit. Without that retard ign timing at startup, you might hear it really strain the starter while cranking!

I have an electronic (magnetic pickup) vacuum advance distributor and I need to lock it out at 32 degrees. Never done this before so I don't have a clue. Is it possible to lock out a vacuum advance distributor? I know 32 is high but it is for a Procharger and was recommended by the Supercharger Store.

What's the brand is it?

It's a Mopar Performance P3690428 distributor.

Auto Transport Service
Back