• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How fast in 2014?

bobtile

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Lets see what your predictions are for 2014 based on the improvements you are going to make this coming year. I plan on traction this year. I'm tired and won't bore you with my setup, but my best is 12.64@112ish. I plan on breaking into the 11's. I want to see follow -ups on this as I am keeping score.

If I fire my car up and move it five feet it's already 1000% faster. :)

:HappyNewYear:

Hah, me too. But realistically, i should be able to make it to the track this year. I should do 13. something hopefully. Well see as the car has never moved under its own power since ive had it and the motor is giving me a hard time.

Oh, thats after i get into the rear end and swap some gears. This year at some point though!!!!

Aiming for an 11.5, I want to run 11.5 all out class at a couple events this year.

I'd like to knock about 3/10s off my 1/8 mile times. I'm saving my pennies for some aluminum heads, I've got a tunnel ram and a pair of Holleys waiting on the shelf, thinking about shedding some more weight, a stiffer gear...

P1040364.jpgGoing to upgrade from [email protected]. 9.0? I need .016 to make 9.09. Pretty sure that I can do that by the spring with a trans tune-up, converter loosen and gear change.We will see.
Doug

Long shot for me - but set a goal and shoot for it . . .

Maybe I can get my car moving under it's own power this year ? ! ? ! ?

That would be a great improvement ( it's never moved under it's own power - bought it engine-less )

View attachment 160714Going to upgrade from [email protected]. 9.0? I need .016 to make 9.09. Pretty sure that I can do that by the spring with a trans tune-up, converter loosen and gear change.We will see.
Doug

You don't realize when your making this much power, how hard it is to get .1
ask me how I know?
I've been at this level for quite awhile now and all I can say it gets tiresome and expensive to knock on that 8 second door

You don't realize when your making this much power, how hard it is to get .1
ask me how I know?
I've been at this level for quite awhile now and all I can say it gets tiresome and expensive to knock on that 8 second door

I fully agree with that statement. Power wise I believe that it should go 9.0? where it is at. The early part of the run is lame. I've run more than a few cars that run 9.0-9.1 that lose ground to me after 330ft. My goal is to get into the high 1.2 60 ft and low 5.8 330 ft. Like I said, we'll see, it's my goal.
Doug

I fully agree with that statement. Power wise I believe that it should go 9.0? where it is at. The early part of the run is lame. I've run more than a few cars that run 9.0-9.1 that lose ground to me after 330ft. My goal is to get into the high 1.2 60 ft and low 5.8 330 ft. Like I said, we'll see, it's my goal.
Doug

GOALS ARE GOOD. I'm wondering if its your heads that are holding you back.
I am trying a few new things too to go 8.90's in the heat. Going back to tubeless is 1 thing I'm going back to after my 1st outing. I'm also thinking of going to a 4.10 gear with a low gear set to keep my 60 foot in the mid 1.20's and 330 at 5.72 or better. I just wish my heads flowed like Len's. Think Len's -13's flow like 412 or something close to that.Mine only flow 402. I have the 365's not the 385's

We were running 11.1 @ 119mph before hibernation time. I've just sent my valve body off to Turbo Action to convert it into a reverse full manual unit. Should help with the soggy shifts a bit. We'll do some converter testing in the Spring and decide which direction we need to go with that as well. We're also going to 4.76 gears over the 4.11s that we just happen to have at the time that we put the car together. I'm hoping these improvements will push us a little closer to high 10s. We are also upgrading our oiling system and with some fine advice from you folks from a thread I started in this section a while back about "oiling issues", we will be settling on the Miloden pump and I know it doesn't make us go faster but longevity is also the order of the day.

I agree that having goals and checking things off is an important part of the off season. It helps me remember that it's not always Winter.

Ran 11.05 at 123 at the end of last season.......
This winter car is getting M/W ported Indy heads and M/W Mopar performance single plane intake.
I'll try it with current solid roller cam and 950 HP carb and see how it does....I'll upgrade the cam and put a 1050 Dominator on it if it seems hungry LOL
Have just gotten rid of power brake master and booster and put in aluminum standard master to save a some weight...vacuum goin away anyhow....
Will also install frame connectors before season opens.
Also installed new wider slicks to help with 60 ft times
Hoping to get 10.60 to 10.70 out of it...maybe better....we'll see

Splicer

Just hope to be able to work on my car this year!

I just want to get to the track, I haven't made the drive in about 5 years.
My cars not very fast but it sure is fun.

Not so much speed as time...plan to run consistently in the low 16's. Open 3.21 diff and $$ going to rust repair and paint will keep it from going faster this year. A small nitrous kit and high 3 low 4 true grip are planned for 2015.

gonna finish the street car and hope to see it turn 11ish.then its back to the race car.thats been parked for 3 years now.we will see how fast that gets done.tough to do this stuff in my spare time when i put in 56 hrs a week or so at work.i need a job with more pay and less hours,what a perfect world that would be.

Best to date is 10.77 but upgrading the motor and converter this year so looking for 10.30ish. I am sure that the newly acquired HP will require a new rear suspension set up but we shall see.

Best E/T last year was 8.25 in the 1/4, I put my car on a diet and lost over 300 lbs i would love to see 7's maybe on a good day !!!!

The '66 went 11.37-104, lifting, 11.481-118.43, and a pair of 11.49s during drag week this year, so it's already faster than legal without a bar.
1272993_10151900086962112_1079797593_o.jpg

The '67 has went 11.58-114.5, so it's pretty much in the same boat. While both cars need plenty of improvement, going faster is not necessarily in the cards for 2014.summer_027.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back