• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 8 3/4" chunks do you currently have?

On this topic.. I have a 3:23 sure grip I need to assemble for the Road Runner. I have the bearing kit from DRDIFF with the crush eliminator. I bought a bearing remover but it doesnt seem to fit the on the bearings that are on the SG. Do I need to remove the cage and bearings to get them off?

On this topic.. I have a 3:23 sure grip I need to assemble for the Road Runner. I have the bearing kit from DRDIFF with the crush eliminator. I bought a bearing remover but it doesnt seem to fit the on the bearings that are on the SG. Do I need to remove the cage and bearings to get them off?
What kind of tool did you get? A clam shell or one with fingers? The clam shell type usually doesn't work with the 8 3/4 and there's no reliefs for the finger type. Grinding the inner race is what I usually do after removing the cage and rollers.

I bought the Harbor Freight bearing remover. Sort of like this one.
71fCY8LSTVL._SX679_.jpg

3.55 SG in the car and two 3.23 open on the shelf.

hello i am in need of some help i am looking for a 67 b body 8 3/4 passenger side axle complete ready to bolt in and a power steering gear for the same car i have a axle leak that was supposed to be fixed and got ripped off buy a local shop that said they could fix it cost a $1000 and they still could not fix it still leaks even had it it at the local mopar dealer and they said slight leakage is normal the brake shoes were covered in gear oil and coming out backing plate onto tire what happened i think was the shop forgot to put a new seal that goes in the end play adjuster i just want one to bolt in and not leak am disabled and need help with parts my steering gear is very loose lots of play

Wow...what happened to decent punctuation and writing skills?

hello i am in need of some help i am looking for a 67 b body 8 3/4 passenger side axle complete ready to bolt in and a power steering gear for the same car i have a axle leak that was supposed to be fixed and got ripped off buy a local shop that said they could fix it cost a $1000 and they still could not fix it still leaks even had it it at the local mopar dealer and they said slight leakage is normal the brake shoes were covered in gear oil and coming out backing plate onto tire what happened i think was the shop forgot to put a new seal that goes in the end play adjuster i just want one to bolt in and not leak am disabled and need help with parts my steering gear is very loose lots of play
Well, you could place an ad for one and it's free. I have an axle but it's not a plug and play piece.

Lets see...
70 Satellite has a 3.23 clutch pak in it...
69 Dart has a 3.91 in it and a set of 4.56's and 3.23's set back for it...all clutch paks
72 Duster has a 4.11 clutch pak in it...
65 Coronet has a 4.56 clutch pak for in it when the time comes...
65 Bel II has a Dana...
After having to walk to the garage and check I have 10 loose center sections laying together under the bench with ratio's varying from 2.76 to 4.88...
3 are clutch paks and 4 are SG while the other 3 are open rears...
Of all the rears most came from a single deal where I got about 10 of them...

I started drawing out a rack to store complete 3rd members...may have to revisit this as it might need to be bigger...

I used to sell a bunch of them and a couple years ago started keeping them again after needing one and having sold it before I needed it...:mad:

As of today I have 16...:realcrazy:

I'm going to have to re-visit this when my garage is done and thin the herd...:blah:

EDIT: Make that 17 as there is one in the 65 Bel II parts car I'm taking apart now...

1117141553.jpg

Lets see...
70 Satellite has a 3.23 clutch pak in it...
69 Dart has a 3.91 in it and a set of 4.56's and 3.23's set back for it...all clutch paks
72 Duster has a 4.11 clutch pak in it...
65 Coronet has a 4.56 clutch pak for in it when the time comes...
65 Bel II has a Dana...
After having to walk to the garage and check I have 10 loose center sections laying together under the bench with ratio's varying from 2.76 to 4.88...
3 are clutch paks and 4 are SG while the other 3 are open rears...
Of all the rears most came from a single deal where I got about 10 of them...

I started drawing out a rack to store complete 3rd members...may have to revisit this as it might need to be bigger...

I used to sell a bunch of them and a couple years ago started keeping them again after needing one and having sold it before I needed it...:mad:

As of today I have 16...:realcrazy:

I'm going to have to re-visit this when my garage is done and thin the herd...:blah:

EDIT: Make that 17 as there is one in the 65 Bel II parts car I'm taking apart now...

View attachment 844568
Hoarder LOL

To answer the previous question sorry i went off topic. I have 4, one 742 3:23 one 741 3:23 one 741 2:? and a 489 with 3:23 and a sure grip

Maybe...mainly just sick of selling stuff and then needing one later...

You need to come up with a term for an organized "Hoarder"...:D
Oh man, I know all too well about selling stuff and then needing it soon after. I just sold a lot of stuff after my divorce thinking that I'd had to move and well, still might but so far, I've managed to stay put....but, it's still gone.

Hoard-ganizer?

I have a 3:91 SG in my 66 Sat. 741 case. I also have a set of 3:55 Ring and Pinion gears that I have had for some time but not swapped into it yet. I would prefer a 3:23 SG for the 66. Say Kern...Would you entertain a trade for one of your 3:23 SG's??? And what cases do you have???...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back