• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How not to install a transmission...

Well you're supposed to pull it out into the driveway before you smoke the tires :)

line-locs and two safety personnel to keep the rear quarters stationary recommended for this exercise

- - - Updated - - -

lol thanks Tallhair. ya that sign is from my company. it used to be at the old building in da parking lot before we moved two years ago.

the thing in the wall is a giant exhaust fan. it is affectionately known as the "purge." two minutes with that thing on, and any fumes or smoke are evacuated post-haste.

Well it's a neat sign and the purge" device is uber cool ... and I used to think a couple of exhaust hose holes through the garage door or like my old H.S. shop class had, they built in plumbing inside and outside the concrete under garage door on both sides of the garage door, it was plumbed into the concrete to to go from the inside floor into the concrete, underneath the garage door, and back up and out of the concrete on the outside, it was cool! It had hinged plates to cover the holes ... wait that was still pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, not bad for a joker that failed English at one point in his educational endeavors. And living with a journalist for the last 44 yrs has corrected many of my grammar faults, but not all!

She did proofread it, but only found a couple of punctuation mistakes and one spelling error..

More to come as our adventure in classic cars continues.......

Jeff

well i may have came off like a joker Jeff, but seriously what i meant was this - you can tell, or write a really good story. Thanks and i look forward to more.

Bryan

I was all worked up waiting for the punch line ("MADE IN CHINA"). Since that is what the story was starting to sound like. Great Story!, almost as good as Penthouse Forum!

Bryan,

Thanks for the compliments.. The joker in question was me!

70GTX .. That Made in China ref may very well be true. I need to look at the boxes and see where it was produced!!

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back