• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to, glass stuff question

Virg464

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
So my experience ends with a few windshield installs. I'm working on the door glass for my 66 coronet 2DHT. I had to by a new piece of glass for the PS door, and have to install what the factory parts book lists as the frame. It's the SS edge trim piece that the rear quarter window seal seats against. My question is, what do I use to install the trim piece (frame) to the door glass? My first thought was some type of black silicone adhesive, but I've also heard talk of butyl rubber tape. This isn't a show car, weekend fun at the drag strip mostly, so authentic/OE isn't a real issue, just functional and safe.

IMG_20240202_094631396[1].jpg

IMG_20240202_094656529[1].jpg

Glass setting tape. I got a few different thicknesses from a glass shop. Rub both sides with ATF and slam them together

I used some kind of flexible black tape, wrapped around the edge of the glass and shoved together. It worked

Thanks guys, have the tape on the way. Glass guy on youtube made it look easy, we shall see.

Auto Transport Service
Back