• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to replace the transmission mount?

An additional question:

Lets say i manage to replace the driver side engine mount (planned for thursday) and the old one looks just fine/isn't broken.
(Then i have replaced both)

Can a broken transmission mount still cause the engine to move more than it should? Even so excessive that the fan could make contact with the radiator?
Or could i in this case assume that the transmission mount isn't the issue and skip replacing it?

I suppose a broken trans mount could contribute to a fore/aft motion. I presume it would typically show up as the top of the fan moving toward the radiator. The driver side motor mount is most likely to fail with a high torque application. I was looking at a photo of my Satellite 500" motor at the dragstrip. I noticed that the oil pan bottom was not level with the car. When I pulled the motor out, drivers side mount was in two pieces. It had a torque strap in place. I now have solid steel motor mounts.

I suppose a broken trans mount could contribute to a fore/aft motion. I presume it would typically show up as the top of the fan moving toward the radiator. The driver side motor mount is most likely to fail with a high torque application. I was looking at a photo of my Satellite 500" motor at the dragstrip. I noticed that the oil pan bottom was not level with the car. When I pulled the motor out, drivers side mount was in two pieces. It had a torque strap in place. I now have solid steel motor mounts.
Lol, mine that I haven’t driven in 5 yrs(body shop) has Moroso’s steel mounts. But yes, the trans mount can contribute a little; not a whole lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back