• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to test a heater core

There is a small circuit board looking thing with coil wires attached. What is the function of that piece, and can I test it with a ohm meter?

Thanks.

that is a fan speed resistor. you can check for continuity. should be 3 different circuits. low medium and high.

I've checked locally and no one repairs them anymore.

I really hate sending stuff out into the black hole to be repaired. I hear too many horror stories of people waiting a year or more to get stuff back.

HD539, did you purchase a heater core from CI that didn't fit? I'm trying to pin down exactly what these fitment issues are.

Thanks.

No, call Bob at GlenRay then set back and prepare to be amazed at customer service. You do know you don't pay ANYTHING until you have the core back and are 100% satisfied. Ask how busy he is and he may work in when you can send it for a quick turn around or he may one in the back he can put together for you and swap. He actually found a radiator shroud in Carlile for my daughters car, bought it, texted me he found one then built a radiator from a core he had, shipped it all to me then I did not pay him until this fall when he was traveling through heading to spring fling in California.

Auto Transport Service
Back