• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to water transfer old NOS decals.

That's all very cool stuff; plus YOU and YOUR CAR were there! Now I'm gonna worry about those window decals until you let me know they went on OK. :rolleyes:

That's all very cool stuff; plus YOU and YOUR CAR were there! Now I'm gonna worry about those window decals until you let me know they went on OK. :rolleyes:
I'm taking your advise and waiting till both the weather and glass itself are warmer.
Thank you very much for the info. I'll post up once the decals are onboard.

I only had one of these, so I put it on my rear bumper. If I had two of them, they would have gone on rear quarter windows.
Gratiot Auto Supply, Detroit

DSCF0037.JPG

I only had one of these, so I put it on my rear bumper. If I had two of them, they would have gone on rear quarter windows.

View attachment 1598069
That one there is a good one and it has an incredible history. Part of the allure of decals that makes them popular is both the colors and design apart from the historical context.
I have one from the Detroit area that is pretty cool. The North Woodward timing association. It's a sticker that has age to it, but I'm not so sure if it's an original.

View attachment 1598069

I made these from old originals. They're on the inside of both my rear windows. I believe the Super Stock one came with your subscription way back. The NHRA one belonged to my Dad from a long time ago as well. The photos not that great, but you get the idea.

DSC04313.JPG

I made these from old originals. They're on the inside of both my rear windows. I believe the Super Stock one came with your subscription way back. The NHRA one belonged to my Dad from a long time ago as well. The photos not that great, but you get the idea.

View attachment 1600407
I'm waiting for a consistent track of warm weather to apply my decals and stickers.

Auto Transport Service
Back