• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howards Solid Roller lifters

jusglazin

Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Howards 91727 solid roller lifters on the street? I prefer Morel but in this day we cant be choosers and must use what we can find..

Gee Wizz. The Howards roller lifters will be just fine if you don't plan on idling the engine 10-20 minutes at a time. If the rpm's are kept up the lifter bearings will get plenty of oil and not fail.

The pressurised oiling for needle bearings in r/lifters is about the best con job I have ever seen. [ Not so bushed lifters ].
It is an engineering fact that ball/roller brgs require minimal lubrication. Some examples would be the front wheel brgs that don't get fresh grease for 000s of miles & U joint rollers.

What exactly is the idle/low rpm issue that aggravates--causes roller lifter failure ?

They depend on oil splash for lubrication which is hit or miss at lower RPM's. Some now include oil holes for direct oiling for the needle bearings but I'd rather just not have to worry about it. Car will be 100% street driven and I'll definently be stuck in traffic quite a bit.

The pressurised oiling for needle bearings in r/lifters is about the best con job I have ever seen. [ Not so bushed lifters ].
It is an engineering fact that ball/roller brgs require minimal lubrication. Some examples would be the front wheel brgs that don't get fresh grease for 000s of miles & U joint rollers.
Not the same and not a conjob.

Auto Transport Service
Back