• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting Grey Wolf in Canada

No other species seem to enjoy it as much as we do , besides please enlight me with what other species kill for fun, or at least display the variety of emotions as we do like fun, joy, sadness, etc, give me a break, being on the top of evolution doesn't necessarily mean that we own the world by divine right, and we can kill whatever species we want, the argument here is simple, hunt if you need to hunt, for survival, not for the "sport" of it.

btw this images make me sick an want to vomit, am shure all this fine human specimen look starved...
Ohh I forgot to tell you I have a degree in biology.

View attachment 909715 View attachment 909716 View attachment 909717 View attachment 909718
You need look no farther than the domestic house cat or dog. Can not begin to count the number of dogs the old man took out for killing chickens just for the fun of it and the bigger the dog the bigger the kill. That's just of the domestic species. Don't know what the hell college you got your cracker jack box degree from but it sure wasn't worth the money.

killing for the pure joy of it? You've never met any of my cats or one dog, never mind the coyotes that would kill 50 chickens for the hell of it.

You need look no farther than the domestic house cat or dog. Can not begin to count the number of dogs the old man took out for killing chickens just for the fun of it and the bigger the dog the bigger the kill. That's just of the domestic species. Don't know what the hell college you got your cracker jack box degree from but it sure wasn't worth the money.
Maybe your old man should have taken better care of his chickens!! It wasn't the dogs fault for being an animal, it was your old man's fault for being an ANIMAL!!

I do understand the difference in opinion. What I don't understand is the disrespect for each others opinion. People will fight over anything on this site. If someone does not think the same way I do I at least give them the right to that opinion. People on this site will argue about anything up to which toilet paper is best (personally I like angle soft its like wiping your butt on a cloud). Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should allow someone else to have theirs with out bashing them for it. Just saying!

And domestic cats are the worst. The neighbors cat kills birds and baby rabbits and just leaves them in the yard. Tell me that isn't killing just to kill.

We have them and a **** load of coyotes on our land in central WI you can come and shoot every one for free.

Maybe your old man should have taken better care of his chickens!! It wasn't the dogs fault for being an animal, it was your old man's fault for being an ANIMAL!!
You are refusing to see the fact that he did take care of the chickens by disposing of the dogs.

A friend of mine goes all over the world to hunt, fly in, kill, takes a picture of him and it dead, has it mounted and off to the next hunt. His office is lined with water buffalo, lions, hell I don't know what they are. I think he has little man syndrome and I have told him so. He once told me he was good with a rife, so watch out. I put my hand in my pocket and said, get on your mark, set, go!! He never ever brought it up again and neither do I. I know he kills for the kill. Hunting like he does is not cheap or a proud kill.

I have met a lot of big dollar hunters, I hate to say it most are not at all good with a rifle, they are at best adequate. The big money hunts are guided, the professional hunter (PH) puts you on an animal and you take the shot. They normally do make you prove you can hit a reasonable sized target from decent range before the hunt. I am not a fan of guided hunts but I understand them and in many cases the money spent on the hunts goes right back to the outfitter's operation (money back into the business). The meat of animals that are taken by the visiting hunters is given to surrounding villages. In other words it is a business, the animals are managed, hunters controlled and revenue put back into the community.

I have to agree with Dreamcatcher; we have reached this point on this forum and in society in general where we cannot discuss; its a fight from the beginning and if you disagree than the insults come flying. There are 2 sides to every story; you don't have to agree with both sides but you should be adult enough to be able to discuss it reasonably and in necessary agree to disagree. If you were a rancher who was losing calfs and cattle to wolfs you would have a completely different opinion about shooting them. Not saying that is just or right, just saying there is always another side that you should at least be adult enough to recognize.

That’s why I didn’t weigh in on this thread. Too much bully business going on....

Perhaps I am old school but I don't see it as bullying since everyone is sitting at home behind a key board and most of us have never met anyone else physically. What I do see that when a subject is contentious it is not long before the insults come out (from either side). This is the lazy way to do debate not to mention juvenile. I admit I have no problems insulting someone I dislike or disagree with in general but I try hard to refrain from doing it publicly such as on this forum. I may think someone is (pick a term/title) but I usually do not post that bc it is not appropriate in most cases. Not saying I never have or never would but it not my "go to" response.

If you are being bullied online you are letting it happen IMO (as it relates to these forums, I completely understand that in other situations and venues online bullying is a real situation). If someone talks smack here, calls me something I don't like, I can ignore them or I can respond but in the end they are not stopping me from reading threads or posting. It takes work to make an articulate case for something and many people just dont want to do that; its a lot easier to sling some insult and move on. Face it, there are people who just prefer to create chaos.

Perhaps I am old school but I don't see it as bullying since everyone is sitting at home behind a key board and most of us have never met anyone else physically. What I do see that when a subject is contentious it is not long before the insults come out (from either side). This is the lazy way to do debate not to mention juvenile. I admit I have no problems insulting someone I dislike or disagree with in general but I try hard to refrain from doing it publicly such as on this forum. I may think someone is (pick a term/title) but I usually do not post that bc it is not appropriate in most cases. Not saying I never have or never would but it not my "go to" response.

If you are being bullied online you are letting it happen IMO (as it relates to these forums, I completely understand that in other situations and venues online bullying is a real situation). If someone talks smack here, calls me something I don't like, I can ignore them or I can respond but in the end they are not stopping me from reading threads or posting. It takes work to make an articulate case for something and many people just dont want to do that; its a lot easier to sling some insult and move on. Face it, there are people who just prefer to create chaos.
And they probably feel the same way about killin yotes too, and will throw that into your face as well if you bring it up! Vermin are vermin and always will be, and they need to be exterminated when they become a nuisance and a threat!

I have shot my fair share of coyotes, prairie dogs, ground squirrels and feral pigs and I agree that they need to be culled when necessary. One of the best times I ever had was shooting pigs in Australia from a Helo; 3 days sun up to sun down of nothing but flying and shooting. This is a government supported/required activity there because the pigs breed out of control and tear up everything.

That's just ignorant. A fence would have been more humane.
Nothing ignorant about it. If the critters in the barn yard can not get along some one will be disposed of plan and simple. Why kick the problem down the road - just deal with it, it will not go away any other way.
What I find ignorant is a society that doesn't understand this. Oh yes Johnny was such an angle but just wasted innocent people in a shopping mall. Now that just plain BS.

Nothing ignorant about it. If the critters in the barn yard can not get along some one will be disposed of plan and simple. Why kick the problem down the road - just deal with it, it will not go away any other way.
What I find ignorant is a society that doesn't understand this. Oh yes Johnny was such an angle but just wasted innocent people in a shopping mall. Now that just plain BS.
I read this whole thread wasn't going to respond until I read this. While I am not a hunter I understand why some hunt. But with that being said, exactly what you said is why we have this problem... "Killing countless number of dogs to protect the chickens" If I were a young kid that is desensitizing to any life including HUMAN life. So you can see how Johnny can walk into a mall and take out other "lives". Again hunting to provide food is totally something different when MOST do that they respect what needs to be done and understand that animals life was gone in order to sustain thier own. So anyway instead of having chickens protected from Predators just kill whatever is needed to accomplish THE PERSONS needs verses what is good for all involved. We have chickens and multiple coops. All are wire fenced in and have deer fencing over the top from predatory birds. We had a younger Raccoon that was digging under the fencing over night and trying to get into the one coop while they were locked up overnight... So I got a have a heart trap caught it and took it about a 1/2 mile away to some game lands and 2 nights later he was back. I trapped it again and took it further from my house into the State game lands by a stream and released him again. I hope he is doing well as he was a beautiful animal.

I read this whole thread wasn't going to respond until I read this. While I am not a hunter I understand why some hunt. But with that being said, exactly what you said is why we have this problem... "Killing countless number of dogs to protect the chickens" If I were a young kid that is desensitizing to any life including HUMAN life. So you can see how Johnny can walk into a mall and take out other "lives". Again hunting to provide food is totally something different when MOST do that they respect what needs to be done and understand that animals life was gone in order to sustain thier own. So anyway instead of having chickens protected from Predators just kill whatever is needed to accomplish THE PERSONS needs verses what is good for all involved. We have chickens and multiple coops. All are wire fenced in and have deer fencing over the top from predatory birds. We had a younger Raccoon that was digging under the fencing over night and trying to get into the one coop while they were locked up overnight... So I got a have a heart trap caught it and took it about a 1/2 mile away to some game lands and 2 nights later he was back. I trapped it again and took it further from my house into the State game lands by a stream and released him again. I hope he is doing well as he was a beautiful animal.
Thanks @QuickBpBp I'm glad that I am not the only person that thought it was inhumane.

This thread has descended right into the toilet. Dreamcatcher nailed it. Whether gun rights, abortion rights, hunting rights or any other rights you can think of, there are two sides and NO ONE is going to convince the other to change his mind. Maybe it's just time to just agree to disagree, before friends become enemies............. if it is not already too late.

Auto Transport Service
Back