• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HURST PROMATIC SHIFTER CABLE INSTALL HELP on 727

HAHNAGON

Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
I can't get the shift cable routed correctly for my hurst promatic 2 shifter in my 727 70 charger. I have a 3ft and a 5ft cable. Tried both. I can't get either to route smoothly. Where should it go through the floor? What cable length is best? Help!! Etc? Or does anyone ar least have any good pics of how theirs is routed? Thank you very much.

20230727_205612.jpg

I'm using a Cheetah shifter with a 5' cable. I went through the floor right in front of the shifter using the same angle the cable leaves the shifter. It then wraps around the transmission behind the oil pan to rise up to the supplied cable mount bracket. Blow up the photo and you can see the lower end. I have the shifter and speedometer cables both inside a heat sleeve which is somewhat confusing to look at. My cable works smooth though and has suffered no heat damage over the years. This is in my 66 Belvedere which has a very similar floor to your car.
Mike
042.JPG

I'm using a Cheetah shifter with a 5' cable. I went through the floor right in front of the shifter using the same angle the cable leaves the shifter. It then wraps around the transmission behind the oil pan to rise up to the supplied cable mount bracket. Blow up the photo and you can see the lower end. I have the shifter and speedometer cables both inside a heat sleeve which is somewhat confusing to look at. My cable works smooth though and has suffered no heat damage over the years. This is in my 66 Belvedere which has a very similar floor to your car.
Mike
View attachment 1500846
Ok. I will try that this weekend. Thank you very much for your time

Auto Transport Service
Back