• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurst wheels on gtx

streetwedg

Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
IMG_0186.JPG
Got my new wheels put on the GTX today

Sweet. I love old school wheels like that. Hursts are a classic.

Ya know something funny ive noticed, every forum for cars (ice been on alot as i have a variety of projects, from all manufacturers) seems to have a bunch of posts about fitting17 or 18s on their old cars. this forum seems to be 15s or under. I love it. Old muscle, especially mopars, need to have big tires not big rims

They look very nice on your GTX. I've looked at those, thinking about them for a future project. They remind me of the old Dragmaster Indys from back in the 60s. Anybody remember these? I'd love to find a set of 15 inch ones. Pretty rare.

image.jpeg

Sweet. I love old school wheels like that. Hursts are a classic.

Ya know something funny ive noticed, every forum for cars (ice been on alot as i have a variety of projects, from all manufacturers) seems to have a bunch of posts about fitting17 or 18s on their old cars. this forum seems to be 15s or under. I love it. Old muscle, especially mopars, need to have big tires not big rims
The problem with the bigger wheels, aside from the ghetto look, is you can't get RWL tires for them and to me our cars just don't look right without those letters.

The problem with the bigger wheels, aside from the ghetto look, is you can't get RWL tires for them and to me our cars just don't look right without those letters.
Thats def about 90% of it in my book

Sweet wheels. Really stand out on the GTX. Nice choice.

PRND21,I have a set of 4. Indy Drag Mags..They were a gift from a good friend.I would feel guilty to sell them.

PRND21,I have a set of 4. Indy Drag Mags..They were a gift from a good friend.I would feel guilty to sell them.
I've had these wheels on my first car, 40+ years ago. I still have 5 of them. They're 14 inch, are yours 14s or 15s?

15's,my buddy bought them for his 65 Belvedere in 1974.They were used then so yeah 40-50 years old.

Auto Transport Service
Back