• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another Tire Fitment Thread!

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm pulling the trigger on buying new Diamondback tires for my Magnum wheels this week. Before I make the final selection, I have a tire fitment question for the experts and opinionated here. Will 235/70R15s fit under the front end of a stock 69 GTX without rubbing or clearance issues?

You might have to move the support rods on the front of the fender to the end of the slot. i had to do that on my 70.

I'm pulling the trigger on buying new Diamondback tires for my Magnum wheels this week. Before I make the final selection, I have a tire fitment question for the experts and opinionated here. Will 235/70R15s fit under the front end of a stock 69 GTX without rubbing or clearance issues?

That's the same size I have on the GTX, you are good to go...

Same as my 67 charger. They fill up the wheel well nicely

I ran 235-60R15s on my former four speed car, and had no clearance issues with stock components, if you want to go with a wider profile

They might clip the bottom front corner of the fender when turning the wheels. I've found the 225 to be a safer bet between the two.

Auto Transport Service
Back