• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hutch won't be down for breakfast

RIP David. I miss 70s television, I wasn't ever a Ford fan,but I watched any show with a cool car in it.

4000 pound car with 200 HP. It was a gutless pig that HAD to be driven hard just to move!

supposedly Paul Micheal Glasser coun't stand the car and tried his best to wreck it. I felt the same way after having one for four years. Biggest POS I ever had.
Yeah, mine was a slug. But, it was a comfortable slug.

Watched show every week back in the day.

I just rescued this 80s street stock dirt track car from the crusher

View attachment 1585652
Twins..
Not really.

That's me in '82.

IMG_20230726_163826896.jpg

RIP Hutch
They drove the sh*t out of that Torino
My teenage self loved the show - and in my pre-Mopar mind, the car was cool!
(All the fake sound effects of a healthy V8 with loud exhaust and a 4 speed helped, of course).
Single exhaust 145hp auto on the column reality be damned! :)
4000 pound car with 200 HP. It was a gutless pig that HAD to be driven hard just to move!
The air shocks made it do goofy stuff too - but the stance and wheels were cool!

My mom had a 74 Torino coupe.
A comfortable slug is a good description. I learned to drive with that car.
I wouldn’t mind owning one of these! 351 4v 4 speed

IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

Lol, Starsky, working on a cop’s salary, might a saved some cash rather than buying a ‘new’ Torino and got a higher cool factor if he was driving one of the earlier models. Hutch wouldn’t have had to tell Starsky “Floor it” when Starsky would say “I am flooring it!” Yeah, I know Ford Motor Company wouldn't have agreed.

1704558760411.png

It was a fun show to watch as a kid. One of the guys in our high school had a Striped Tomato, as Hutch referred to it.
R.I.P.

Going price on true S&H is knocking on the door of 100K!

I liked my 1971 torino 351c car but it wasn't as quick as the 3551c-4v hype would lead you to believe and didn't handle as well as my same era Mopar cars.

It was one of the nicest condition classic cars I've ever had, though and 99.99% unmolested.

My neighbor in HS was given a 1972 2 door notchback with a 302-2v by his aunt.
That car actually impressed me. It could smoke the right rear for blocks.
Won a few Friday night street races, too.

As far as 250 NET HP in a 4000 pound car-

My 2000 Dakota R/T does just fine at 245 HP and 4200 pounds.
No need to keep it floored to keep up.
It will pin you to the seat, and spin the 255/55/17 tires until you let off the pedal.
15 second and change quarter mile in stock trim, which ain't bad for that combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back