• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydrogen engine

Why does it have to be compressed? Not enough hydrogen/oxigen in a gallon of water?
It takes about 53 kWh of energy to separate 1 kg of hydrogen from water. That 1 kg of hydrogen only contains about 34 kWh of energy.

let the free market dictate
what we want to own & drive

why does it always have to be
'my way or the highway'
you comply or else mandates BS
that's not freedom of choice
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main thing is what to do with the waste? The EV batteries when they go south? The nuclear waste that's generated? If someone could come up with a solution, they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams... I think we're putting the cart in front of the jackass IMO

One good example on EVs, when battery prices went up all the electric carts were being dumped for gas carts. What will be any different on the cars?

One good example on EVs, when battery prices went up all the electric carts were being dumped for gas carts. What will be any different on the cars?
Switch to EVs will come from political pressure, not markets, practicality, or sound engineering.
Government will apply whatever weight is necessary to tip the scales.
It's stupid, but that has never stopped them before.

The Toyota Mirai range is 400 miles, I don't know the size of the fuel tank but they seem to have managed to fit it in.

There's no arguing Toyota is doing amazing things with hydrogen, but the Mirai is a luxury econobox. Performance-wise it's slower than a base Toyota Corolla. It holds about 5.5kg of hydrogen, and all the tanks, fuel cell, etc., take up quite a bit of space. I'm not hating on hydrogen, I would love to see it as a viable alternative, I just don't think it's practical given the physical limitations.

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST)
60 mph: 9.1 sec
1/4 mile: 17.0 sec
Top speed: 106 mph

2021-toyota-mirai.jpg

There's no arguing Toyota is doing amazing things with hydrogen, but the Mirai is a luxury econobox. Performance-wise it's slower than a base Toyota Corolla. It holds about 5.5kg of hydrogen, and all the tanks, fuel cell, etc., take up quite a bit of space. I'm not hating on hydrogen, I would love to see it as a viable alternative, I just don't think it's practical given the physical limitations.

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST)
60 mph: 9.1 sec
1/4 mile: 17.0 sec
Top speed: 106 mph

View attachment 1427395
Just like everything made, improvements and technology will come afterward. Look how ‘basic’ the first cars where. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Auto Transport Service
Back