• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can't believe we made it!

Pretty much sums everything up perfectly. Kids nowadays don't know how to act if the aren't glued to some sort of electronic dohicky.

Pretty much sums everything up perfectly. Kids nowadays don't know how to act if the aren't glued to some sort of electronic dohicky.

X2 so very true.............That’s why I pick this avatar........

How did we survive with out all this government intervention? We took responsibility for ourselves and our actions.

So true! Imagine that...actually owning your own actions instead of blaming everyone and everything else.

Nice. My mom didn't need a cell phone to find us. She had a whistle that could be heard for a mile. Some of the kids I teach, I wonder if they've ever gotten dirty.

Hell im only 25 but i can relate. My parents raised me right, and the Marine Corps has done the rest. I remember spending all day in the woods and being called home with a big antique ships bell. Good times indeed, people really do need to wake up and give less government a try. My Dads been saying "how did i ever survive?" for as long as i can remember.

modmech_carseat.jpg

Hell im only 25 but i can relate. My parents raised me right, and the Marine Corps has done the rest. I remember spending all day in the woods and being called home with a big antique ships bell. Good times indeed, people really do need to wake up and give less government a try. My Dads been saying "how did i ever survive?" for as long as i can remember.

View attachment 165193

Im there with you man. Im 25 as well.

Grew up in the woods of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, push poling around the local pond in our homemade wooden barge and swamps looking for fishing spots and messing with alligators.

I would skin my arms on our homemade bike ramps too. We spent a whole summer making a course through the woods to race each other and make jumps....were super bummed when a development company came in and smashed all of our ramps....didnt even attempt to put them by the woods for us to get. But regardless....even at 8-13 I had goals and projects and spent all of the sunlight on something I was passionate about.

Our generation isn't as far gone as people say. A lot of it comes from where and who you are raised by.

How about the old game "king of the mountain" throwing everyone down the hill right on school recess and the teachers on duty loved to watch it! No way would that happen today!

Not that I would let my grandkids do it but in 1966 my brothers and I rode 300 miles round trip to the Arkansas State Fair sitting on the lowered tailgate of the old farm pick-up. Try that today with 3 kids and I bet you would not go 10 miles without about 100 calls to the police. Just the way it was back then... We also spent hours riding a chainless bicycle down a 2 mile steep paved mountain grade, for braking we just wedged our tennis shoe between the fender less front forks and let the shoe sole rub on the front tire. Catch a ride back up the mountain, throw the bike in the back of an old pick-up and go again. You sure learned co-ordination.

An uncle had an old Henry J with no motor/transmission but it had axles, wheels, tires that held air and a steering wheel. All we needed. We built a sawmill lumber ramp on a pond at the bottom of a 1/4 mile long steep Ozark Mountainside and spent hours loading the car with our buddies and rolling off the hill, hitting the ramp and jumping the old Henry J out to the middle of the pond. Hook up the old farm tractor, pull the car to the top and here we go again...

When I was in 5th grade, I didn't want to go to school the first day after being home all summer. My mom said if I don't go, she would call the truant officer (cops). I didn't believe her. 10 minutes later, I locked myself in the bathroom when the cop car pulled up to the house. The cop banged on the bathroom door and said if I'm not in school tomorrow, he would be back to take me to juvenile hall. You bet your *** I was in school the next day. Funny thing is, I have a business in the same town and for about 20 years, every time that cop came into my store, he reminded me of that day. Today if I was that kid, I'd probably be sent to a psychiatrist and put on Ritalin !!!!!!

They were good times!

X2 on that . . . not that we "survived", but more that we were "enriched" in our experiences ! !

I must have died several times as my mom kept telling me that this or that "would be the death of me" ! ! ! ( smile )

Nice. My mom didn't need a cell phone to find us. She had a whistle that could be heard for a mile. Some of the kids I teach, I wonder if they've ever gotten dirty.

I seriously think that's why today's kids seem to be allergic to everything. We would go out and play in the dirt, dig holes, kick a ball around , etc. until we were filthy dirty. I honestly think that's why I'm not allergic to anything. These days kids hardly get a chance to get dirty, so they never build up an immunity. JMHO.

I seriously think that's why today's kids seem to be allergic to everything. We would go out and play in the dirt, dig holes, kick a ball around , etc. until we were filthy dirty. I honestly think that's why I'm not allergic to anything. These days kids hardly get a chance to get dirty, so they never build up an immunity. JMHO.

So very true, with one exception . . . they've developed a GREAT BIG immunity to WORK.

Parents today treat their kids more like pets. They take care of any and every problem the kid may have.

Going for a roadtrip sitting between my parents on the front armrest in my dads 1966 Oldsmobile..which I now own mind you..

Auto Transport Service
Back