• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

Really? Are you guys Lumberjacks?

Dammit Kern, I hear it...and bay area traffic blows when the roads and bridges are good! Where are you commuting to? I was going up to Sac one day a week recently and I bitched about that. (Facility is right off the 80 though, so not bad considering I was coming up 99 from here) Nothing like going everyday though, for sure..In keeping with the thread however, we've actually been getting quite a bit of rain down here (for us anyway) and I would have ZERO problem staying in bed tomorrow...same for the last couple of weeks it's been windy, rainy and cold waah waah I know but I'm a hot weather guy. Gimme them 100s! I can't bring myself to sit in the truck when I've got guys working either, even if I'm not tooled up and hands-on, I want to be out there enjoying the camaraderie.

2f7sg7.jpg

:lol:

I’ve been off for weeks with a sciatica flare up. Got caught in the system with authorization for an epidural. Too long to explain, but the Holidays made this last much longer than it should. In the meantime, got an offer to retire early. I can’t wait to go back tomorrow. Linda is a tv nazi. I need the structure. My commute is about an 18 minute train ride after a 10 minute walk to the station. Mopars stay clean, dry, and safe under their covers on most work days. Don’t do 10k miles a year on ALL THREE cars, and 7k of that is touring in the 69. Add 4-10’s and...I have seen the other side. Varies by individual circumstance, but at 65 I’m not ready yet. It’s not about the $$$.

Dennis take the buy out and get a part time job at Orielly Auto Parts 3 days a week. You'll get a discount on parts for you and your friends and get of the house on occasion.

Dennis take the buy out and get a part time job at Orielly Auto Parts 3 days a week. You'll get a discount on parts for you and your friends and get of the house on occasion.
I see him as more of a, "welcome..now get your **** and get out!!" kind of guy....
aklds.jpg

Haahaha kiddin' Dennis! I'd be hesitant to walk as well, if it's something you halfass enjoy going to everyday..good luck

Currently I am working about 5-6 miles from San Quentin prison in Marin county, a town named Kentfield. We are adding onto the Elementary school with a new wood frame building.
The drive means I have to take hwy 37 over the San Pablo bay. The impotent city planners and politicians made much of this route a single lane in each direction with a concrete barrier separating. Imagine the 2 to 1 merges in each direction and how that affects things. WTF, thousands of cars and trucks pass through here each day and the idiots won't widen it another lane? Plenty of money for the dumbest **** we citizens never asked for but they won't improve the bridges or widen the roads to make for a faster and safer commute?

Looks like I get my wish...RAIN is expected again tomorrow!

You mean until I don't have to worry about going to work?
I actually LOVE what I do, I just have really grown to HATE how far I have to drive to do it.

Yes, till you don't have to anymore.
I LOVED what I did too, but, I love what I do NOW more! I found out the day comes sooner or later and knowing what I know now, sooner is a reward to you for a job well done!!!!

Boy do I envy you guys that enjoy your job, they wouldn't even get it all out of their mouths and I'd be gone given the chance to retire. Here in my part of the world commute is never an issue I just absolutely hate waking up so early and don't enjoy my work but I get bored of everything very quickly. They pay me very well and I get every weekend off so I just suck it up, time with the family is worth it's weight in gold.

I did however triple my investment into my retirement plan in hopes of hitting the exit door very early especially if SS is gone by then. Plan is to find a part time job that I enjoy or start up my own do it all shop? Regardless I'm outa here in my fifties..

My employer puts a roof over my head, and 3 Mopars in the stable. I’d give anything to get my sick sorry *** in there today to contribute.

My employer puts a roof over my head, and 3 Mopars in the stable. I’d give anything to get my sick sorry *** in there today to contribute.
That's a great attitude to have... :lowdown:
If it weren't for the boredom I'd be a bit more enthusiastic about going to work lol. Everyone has their weekness, mine is monotony, I can't take monotony... wish I could. At home it's go, go, go, go always doing something and never repeating the same, never bored or sitting still, that's my comfort zone.

What was that curse we inherited from the original sin:realcrazy:?

Auto Transport Service
Back