• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

My former office...

120424-F-EA289-006.JPG

My new office.
View attachment 937365
Ghost, is that you in the PIC or IP seat? I noticed the 101st combat patch and also noticed the gunner who has no combat patch. Is he a newbie in the unit or a student pilot in training?

Ghost, is that you in the PIC or IP seat? I noticed the 101st combat patch and also noticed the gunner who has no combat patch. Is he a newbie in the unit or a student pilot in training?
PIC and he was new to the unit, to replace a LT. that got injured and sent home.
No, not me. That's a stock shot of an Apache 'office'. Nobody that I know.

We find out tomorrow at 1:00pm when we ARE allowed to return to work. :bananadance:

Been stuck at home isn't as much fun as most would think it would be.

My next day off is Nov. 1! I'd like to stay home. I'm good at it! I'm not good at picking lottery numbers!

Since February I have only worked 3 weeks. Am going in tomorrow but expect the next two weeks after to be on furlough. Need the worlds aircraft to be flying passengers again.

Well....7 more days of Level 4 Lockdown...followed by 2 weeks at Level 3 - which means more businesses can open and operate as long as they maintain social-distancing. Good news for a chunk of the population....still no good for Fast-food or Cafes and Bars.

So I can start work on Tuesday 28th.

Our job project is winding down. All the workers are closing in from a perimeter to a diminishing circle. This Friday will likely be a big layoff.
Not a problem for me though....I am trying to get the brakes all together on "Jigsaw" and this pesky 40 hour a week job really interferes!
I started with these guys in early December. Word is that they do have other jobs but they are all out of town. No thanks, I am not doing that anymore. I hit my 30 year pension threshold at the end of March so I'm going to be real choosy about whether I want to work or retire. One bit of good news I was quite happy to learn: The company relaxed the restrictions requiring us to wear masks....IT was the smart move, too. Masks fog up the safety glasses and we are all cutting stuff, grinding things and operating machinery...
Can you imagine the Workers Comp claim?
How did this accident happen?
Well, while being in compliance with the State and county Covid 19 regulations in terms of covered nose and mouth, I breathed and fogged up my safety glasses. I couldn't see well and as a result, I cut my fingers off with a circular saw. I jumped back from the cut table and because I couldn't see, I fell off the work platform and onto another worker that was unable to see me fall...because he too had fogged up safety glasses.

If I may- a work site need not be comprised by additions to safety protocol. Knowing what is right and practical will save injury and lives. Let lawyers do what they do when injuries or death happens after the facts. Work safe or trust a lawyer to make it so after the fact..

The PPP program has resulted in some really weird work conditions.
I wrote over a month ago that we were really close to a layoff since the stuff remaining on the job was finishing up.
Instead of laying people off, they started having us do NON Carpenter tasks. Sanding beams, hanging televisions, picking rocks out of the dirt, anything to stay on site for 8 hours a day. The rumor was that if a company took Federal PPP money, they had to keep employees working. IF they spent 75% or more of the PPP loan on labor, the loan is forgiven entirely.
I was shifted to another site last week but there are still people working there. It got to the point over the last month that I'd wake up and just dread the boredom of a day walking around looking for some stupid task to do...and text the foreman that I was staying home.

The PPP program has resulted in some really weird work conditions.
I wrote over a month ago that we were really close to a layoff since the stuff remaining on the job was finishing up.
Instead of laying people off, they started having us do NON Carpenter tasks. Sanding beams, hanging televisions, picking rocks out of the dirt, anything to stay on site for 8 hours a day. The rumor was that if a company took Federal PPP money, they had to keep employees working. IF they spent 75% or more of the PPP loan on labor, the loan is forgiven entirely.
I was shifted to another site last week but there are still people working there. It got to the point over the last month that I'd wake up and just dread the boredom of a day walking around looking for some stupid task to do...and text the foreman that I was staying home.
It won't be long before you go home and never go back. I know enough about you to know all this BS will drive you crazy.

Thanks.
I'm past the finish line in terms of the 30 year retirement point so I could stop at any time. The only thing that keeps me working now is....
****. I'm not sure. Why am I still doing this stuff? The fun days are behind me. I've been listening to a Pandora radio "Hits of the 90s" station and those songs remind me of the days in residential construction. Truck backed in, doors open with the radio blasting, working in gym shoes, shorts, no shirt, no hard hat, making money and getting a tan.
Now, the residential jobs are all Non Union and the work we do get is not nearly as fun. Boots, pants, full shirt, safety vests, hard had, safety glasses and sometimes even gloves.
What a shame.

Auto Transport Service
Back