• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I feel for those of you who don't have tools or expertise. I have plenty of both. But todays experience was beyond frustrating

I've been sitting here going through your posts and photos again. I have to say your stuff is MUCH more interesting than the Christmas stuff on TV :thumbsup:!!! If you can Doug, could you please post a few more photos of the rest of the car; overall, interior
and so on. I've had quite a few A bodies over the the years and have a soft spot for them. I really would like to follow more of yours and your friends build. THANKS!
Not a B body. But something to keep me busy

Nice work!
Lol, back in the day starting out, many could barely afford decent wrench set. One was considered lucky to have a driveway to work on a car your dad thought was junk rather than along the street curb.
We learned using "change by do" like how to covert a column automatic to a four speed without changing out the hump and just cutting enough out for the shift mechanism.

It was the drive that one had to be able make things happen even if it was questionable. Lol, we still see those "Look what someone did" threads.

Anyway, to this day, with these cars, this might sum it up...................

BTW, might want to consider the retainer clip for that PITA cover.....

1703429670968.png

Just a little comment. I see you used cables to shift the trans. I was having trouble with my build using one. So I changed the cable to rods with heim joints. works great with no binding. has been on the car for 5 years with no broblems.
Just a thought to pass along to every one.

Just a little comment. I see you used cables to shift the trans. I was having trouble with my build using one. So I changed the cable to rods with heim joints. works great with no binding. has been on the car for 5 years with no broblems.
Just a thought to pass along to every one.
The cable is for throttle pressure only. Factory floor linkage .
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back