• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found a 1970 Super Bee for sale.. Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the 69s to, if he still has it for sale I'm buying it :D thanks everyone!

Good luck with the project! I'd pick the 69 if all other things were equal on the cars (amount of rust for starters). Make sure the seller has a clean title for the heap before you hand over the money, too.

Awesome thanks everyone, Ya its a 69 Super Bee numbers matching trans, and engine, original b5 blue with the bench seat and 4 speed manual :D I'm excited I just hope it stays there for a bit!

They both sound like good projects. If I were you, I would try to buy them both as a package deal. You could then sell 70 and use any profit to stick into the 69. If you had to sell someday, the 69's seem to have a bigger following than the 70's. Just my opinion though.

They both sound like good projects. If I were you, I would try to buy them both as a package deal. You could then sell 70 and use any profit to stick into the 69. If you had to sell someday, the 69's seem to have a bigger following than the 70's. Just my opinion though.

everybody loves a 69...............:tongueflap:

Hey everyone! is a 1969 Coronet 440 Rare?

Nope, that is the trim level below the Coronet R/T and 500 and they made lots of them.

Here's the vin plate! let me know if you think she's worth it?

Attachments

• 70 Super Bee vin tag.jpg
    70 Super Bee vin tag.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 290
The fender tag you posted shows that's from a 70 Bee, 383 4bbl, Auto, Burnt Orange. Does it match the VIN#, core support and trunk rail? Assuming the bottom doesn't look like it was pulled out of the Titanic, I'd say it can be worth several thousand $$$, BUT more pics showing the bottom, frame rails would really help or if you could at least check those areas.

The fender tag you posted shows that's from a 70 Bee, 383 4bbl, Auto, Burnt Orange. Does it match the VIN#, core support and trunk rail? Assuming the bottom doesn't look like it was pulled out of the Titanic, I'd say it can be worth several thousand $$$, BUT more pics showing the bottom, frame rails would really help or if you could at least check those areas.

Vin matches, i can't check the car myself its in a whole other province im just wondering if its worth 4500$?

69 Bee vs 70 Bee

Vin matches, i can't check the car myself its in a whole other province im just wondering if its worth 4500$?

My 2 cents is that the 69 has a bigger following and overall gets more looks from the general public but who cars about that. The rear end on the 69 is something else compared to rear of a 70...... IMO. It's really a perosnal preference!! You can't go wrong with either vehicle. Are they worth $4K to 5K? That really depends on the amount of rust in either one of them. More rust less worth. Do either one of the Bees have a Rallye Dash or a Rallye Dash with a Tic-Toc-Tac in the dash? Bee's with the Tic-Toc-Tac dashes are worth a bundle. First picture includes a Rallye dash with Tic-Toc-Tac. Picture #2 is of a Rallye Dash with only the clock.

Attachments

• Tic-Toc-Tac.jpg
    Tic-Toc-Tac.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Rallye Dash1.jpg
    Rallye Dash1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 302
But I like the 70's better that's all.. is burnt orange a rare colour? or no?

I don't know if burnt orange is rare, but it is one of my favorite colors on a b-body. Did you buy the 69 also or is it still for sale?

If I were you I would take my down payment and talk to you local bank, credit union or wherever you could secure a loan, and look for another 10,000. Take that money and look for a completed car that's for sale on some of the Mopar websites. There are many good deals this time of year on completed B Body Mopars. Believe me you will be much happier and you'll be driving your car in the spring! There's at least 10,000 grand of body work on those cars (unles you do it yourself and that could take years to complete). That's just my opinion, good luck whichever way you choose........

I agree whole heartedly. Amen.

I love Burnt Orange on Mopars! ugh I can't decide what to get guys..

Hey everyone is a 1970 coronet 440, and 1970 coronet 500 a good deal to buy as a pair????

Holy goodness... pick one you like best, buy that one, use your money to get it running. Drive it.

If you can afford to buy two, buy one for love and the other as the one you can sell later as needed, perhaps for more than you paid, or as bartering material.

Don't plan on recouping your money off the one you love; buy it & save it because you want to, love the process, and leave it in your will.

There are several? Weed out anything with lots of frame rot. It's not a car then, it's parts for someone else's car.

Pick one, make your move, and don't look back. You're going to woulda-coulda-shoulda yourself nutty while someone else is picking this guy's yard clean.

Just my 2 cents. Jump on one and tow it home. No regrets.

Im just wondering if a 70 coronet 500 is rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back