• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found some pictures of my old A12 Superbee today

Looking back on cars Ive owned brings back
great memories.
Wish I could go back in time to relive some
of those cruising days
You had a really nice ride

Cameras were better back in the '80's....here is my old RoadRunner from 1989

upload_2019-3-6_7-43-7.png

Seemed to always be smoke following that car around. :D

Nice ride. As mentioned above . I sold off many rides over the years for the wife and kids. Now that the ex wife is gone and I am almost done raising my kids the Mopars are here to stay. One I regret selling.

Picture.jpg

I didnt know Bench Seat/4 sp was an option for Super Bees. I also thought that pistol grip shifters were standard on 4 sp.

I didnt know Bench Seat/4 sp was an option for Super Bees. I also thought that pistol grip shifters were standard on 4 sp.
Bench seat standard. Buckets and buddy seat or console were optional in 69. Pistol grip came out in 70.

Bench seat standard. Buckets and buddy seat or console were optional in 69. Pistol grip came out in 70.
But just on Bees?
Could you get Bench seat/4sp w a 500 or R/T?
Or a column shift w a 500 or R/T?
Trying to figure the option list on 68-70 Satty/Coronets is confusing as hell. Lol

Sweet car!

Did employers pay people in slotted rims in the early 70's? Because, dang, about every 60's and 70's car pics has them lol.

But just on Bees?
Could you get Bench seat/4sp w a 500 or R/T? YES
Or a column shift w a 500 or R/T? YES
Trying to figure the option list on 68-70 Satty/Coronets is confusing as hell. Lol

they are lumped all together,
but they had many specific one year only parts.

But just on Bees?
Could you get Bench seat/4sp w a 500 or R/T?
Or a column shift w a 500 or R/T?
Bucket seats standard on the R/T in 69. Either way on the 500 i believe?
Column shift or console shift for R/T auto. Column shift you would get the buddy seat.

Mine from 1969.
I have had 4 total, 2 vitamin C one black and one white.
Also had a 64 Sport Fury 383 4 speed vert at the same time...those were the days.

IMG_9278.JPG IMG_9279.JPG IMG_9280.JPG IMG_9281.JPG IMG_9282.JPG

⬆️⬆️THIS⬆️⬆️
Great, accurate answer.
The A-12s were supposed to be mostly low option, get up and go cars.
4.10 "super track pack" Dana 60 was standard equipment for ALL A-12 cars if I am correct??
Overall I believe that MOPAR stayed MUCH closer to the original concept of "low cost, high performance, low option" with the A-12 than Pontiac did with The Judge equipped GTOs that mostly wound up rolling out with a LOT of options added.
As much as Iike my V-code 70 Roadrunner, I would have a hard time not choosing the Super Bee A-12 over the Roadrunner A-12, and if not for that "beep-beep" horn and all of the associated Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote paraphernalia for car shows and as display swag, the Super Bee would be the one I chose for sure.
Having said that, my V-code 70 Roadrunner is perfect for what I want.

Overall I believe that MOPAR stayed MUCH closer to the original concept of "low cost, high performance, low option" with the A-12 than Pontiac did with The Judge equipped GTOs that mostly wound up rolling out with a LOT of options added..
How else were poncho going to sell their cars? They took a backseat in the performance and looks dept.

Your V-code is beautiful
Shame you park it next to that thing wirh the stacked headlights. :eek:

I beleive pontiac gets undeserved credit in the archives of muscle car history. Simple because some shitty band wrote a song about them
Gimme a Max Wedge, the REAL first muscle car.

I've seen a couple of pristine Max Wedge cars at Cruisin the Coast.
The header style massive exhaust manifolds, 2 x 4 carbs, huge port intakes, and 110 octane required compression ratio. Absolutely no holds barred engineering.

Auto Transport Service
Back