• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got snakes in my Mopar!

Big Bad Dad

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I have been working on my 64 Fury brake conversion this summer when I have time. My 67 Coronet has been sitting under a car cover in the garage since I last drove it in late May. Anyway, I pulled the cover off today with intentions of charging the battery and getting it out to clean up. Uh, found a surprise in between the grille and the radiator support. Two long blacksnake skins had been shed there! YIKES! I pulled them out. I really need to drive my cars more often.... Anyway, I don't seem to have a mouse problem in my garage! (It's a pole barn style building surrounded on two sides by the woods, so I have seen many blacksnakes, and even had a couple in the garage before. But in my car is an unpleasant first.)

image000004.jpg
image000005.jpg

Them is some long critters!

image000002 (1).jpg

I have been working on my 64 Fury brake conversion this summer when I have time. My 67 Coronet has been sitting under a car cover in the garage since I last drove it in late May. Anyway, I pulled the cover off today with intentions of charging the battery and getting it out to clean up. Uh, found a surprise in between the grille and the radiator support. Two long blacksnake skins had been shed there! YIKES! I pulled them out. I really need to drive my cars more often.... Anyway, I don't seem to have a mouse problem in my garage! (It's a pole barn style building surrounded on two sides by the woods, so I have seen many blacksnakes, and even had a couple in the garage before. But in my car is an unpleasant first.)

View attachment 1344999View attachment 1345000

View attachment 1345002
Wire looms.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

Indiana Jones would not approve!
:lol:

At least there wasn't mice there chewing on stuff thanks to the snakes

View attachment 1344999View attachment 1345000

View attachment 1345002

DO NOT kill those snakes if you find them! scoot them out of the way with a broom if you are uncomfortable handling them, and hope they stay with you!! I wish I could find a pair like that that would stay with me. if you have ever looked under the dash and found a couple of years worth of damage from the little buggers eating the plastic off your wiring you would love having two of the best mouse catchers there is. I have put at least five big chicken snakes in my garage in the last twenty years, they stay awhile and go, but I DON'T have mice!!! Dave.

I'll trade you my european hornets for your black snakes......

edit: as long as they aren't prime Alabama black snakes

boku.jpg

oh hell no.gif
We get blacksnakes out here pretty regular. Blacksnakes good!
We also occasionally get a copperhead. Those BAD!
I kill every snake I see unless I can identify it as a blacksnake...

Auto Transport Service
Back