• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I gotta tell this, even if nobody believes me

Acknowledging our failures is the beginning of repentance. No one can understand WHY? You hear a lot about faith, as far as I am concerned, real faith is trusting GOD, understand it or not, to trust that GOD knows best and he is always right.

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Yeah, I know. Don't mean I gotta LIKE it, though. :lol:

To know the Lord is to love Him - you have indeed been blessed. You don’t have to be a perfect Christian - you just should be One. No matter the challenges in your life here on earth you will have eternal life waiting for you free of pain and suffering. Thank Him often

Last edited:
If that's what you want to believe,
I'm all for it...
I won't doubt it either...

To each their own beliefs

Wishes for you to have a full & speedy recovery
'for the 4th time'
you must have a friend or savior somewhere...

Always keep getting back up...

I chuckled and said "show off".:lol:
LOVE IT! I like to think that the God I believe in understands my warped sense of humor, too, and isn't going to get all bunched up at me just being the only - and best - me that I can be given my situation.

Glad all went well... wasn't aware but thanks for filling everyone in.

I’m not Gods proudest work, but I am his work. As a sinner I’ve seen and done the sort of stuff that you see on the news. God has never foresaken me, and I’ve seen the sort of miracles that can only be explained as an answer to prayer.

Just the word Cancer, scares the hell out of me.
As well it should - but to tell the truth, I've gotten to where it's more of a "not again!" that morphs into being pissed off at it, readying for another fight.
It gets old and tiresome. :)

No matter the challenges in your life here on earth you will have eternal life waiting for you free of pain and suffering. Thank Him often
Wouldn't that be nice to think is true? I hear folks all the time say they KNOW they're going to heaven.
I sure wish I did...

Got a pretty good idea how you feel.
I know you do, BC. The crap is pure evil and takes it out of folks. I've watched both my parents go through prolonged battles before they passed,
so I guess in that regard I've been lucky all four times in that things were solved by some simple high-dollar hacking, thank God.

you must have a friend or savior somewhere...
Always keep getting back up...
Apparently I do and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Seriously. I ain't nobody.
But yeah, all I know to do is keep getting back up.
I'm getting yelled at daily this time around, too - I can't hold still long enough to rest, always got to be doing something.
Garbage off to the landfill (ouch), repairs made to tractor and one of the trucks (double ouch), property got mowed (ok, that hurt more).
It's hard to explain - it's like all these med issues are telling me time is running away from me so I best keep getting it.
Good news all my chores are done, so I can and will stop for a while now. :thumbsup:

you are blessed and god has a plan for you. may your health keep getting better and better. your strong and with god you will continue to get better. thank you for sharing

As well it should - but to tell the truth, I've gotten to where it's more of a "not again!" that morphs into being pissed off at it, readying for another fight.
It gets old and tiresome. :)

Wouldn't that be nice to think is true? I hear folks all the time say they KNOW they're going to heaven.
I sure wish I did...

I know you do, BC. The crap is pure evil and takes it out of folks. I've watched both my parents go through prolonged battles before they passed,
so I guess in that regard I've been lucky all four times in that things were solved by some simple high-dollar hacking, thank God.

Apparently I do and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Seriously. I ain't nobody.
But yeah, all I know to do is keep getting back up.
I'm getting yelled at daily this time around, too - I can't hold still long enough to rest, always got to be doing something.
Garbage off to the landfill (ouch), repairs made to tractor and one of the trucks (double ouch), property got mowed (ok, that hurt more).
It's hard to explain - it's like all these med issues are telling me time is running away from me so I best keep getting it.
Good news all my chores are done, so I can and will stop for a while now. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE
Some call it Gods mosaic for us, we dont know or understand his plan for us until he calls us home to eternity. Others just call it the luck of the draw. In that case you drew a ace's high full house.
Keep on doing whatever it is your doing and keep drawing those winning hands!

I almost died from a hornet almost 6 years ago to the day. I woke up almost a day later with a tube down my throat and IV's in several places.
At the time I made a promise to be more generous and grateful.
Unfortunately since I'm human, I have not kept that promise at all times. How soon we forget.
Thanks for the reminder.
I believe it.

Ok, some of you know I recently had surgery to remove my thyroid - all of it - due to concerns about cancer.
Again, THANK YOU to everyone who sent prayers and wishes my way over that.
It's been probably as much pain as I have ever encountered, but things are all a go now and looking good. :)
Apparently I've survived cancer #4 now. I think. Final word on that will be next week, once all the post-surgery biopsies and such are completed, but things look good as of now.:thumbsup:

Anyways, on to another story - a short one, promise:
The night before the surgery, I wasn't sleeping (of course) and I stepped outside to do what rednecks do out here in the country - namely, take a wizz. :D
There's a small retaining wall made of old railroad ties next to my garage that the dog and I wander out to to do our thing late at night. I stand on top of it, do my thing and gaze up at the huge sky to the west (I can see hundreds of miles to the north and west from up here on the ridge).
The sky was clear and the north star is really bright this time of year.
I saw that star and did something I never do - I asked God for a little help in the morning surgery to come, if He had the time and it was ok and all....

Surgery happens the next morning at 10am and by 2pm, I'm in recovery.
Painful, G-d-awful painful to come out of that.
Two hours after that, I'm changing into my sneakers and shorts and I'm walking, against all the nurses' orders and to the chagrin of my wife, them all barking at me.
I just knew I HAD to get up.
Always, always get back up.
Prime Directive.

Back home and recovering, being told to do nothing and ignoring that shiyat….
Last night for the first time since I got back home, the dog and I wander out to that retaining wall to do our late night whizzing ritual.
I look up and the sky is pretty clear and there's the north star, just like before.
I take a moment to thank Him for getting me through all that hell in one piece.
There's just one lonely, dark cloud due west of us, remnant of a storm going down the next valley over.
When everything got real quiet, I looked up and saw the north star and remembered to thank Him, I figured that was the end of it.
I was wrong.
Exactly when I said "thank you", that lonely cloud let go a lightning bolt internally. It didn't strike down to the ground, just lit up that cloud beautifully.
He was saying "you're welcome".
I chuckled and said "show off".:lol:

He and I have that sort of thing going on.
He has a sharp sense of humor. He's GOT to. I mean, I'm still here after 4 cancers, 3 times flatlined, all that crap, right?
Right.:thumbsup:
Great story, thanks for sharing that.
I know what that relationship is like. I was protected by God before I accepted Him. Not because of me, but because of His love for me. I have friends who are gone. Only God is the reason why I am still here, and I search for what He wants me here for, and try to do what I believe He wants me to.

I almost died from a hornet almost 6 years ago to the day. I woke up almost a day later with a tube down my throat and IV's in several places.
At the time I made a promise to be more generous and grateful.
Unfortunately since I'm human, I have not kept that promise at all times. How soon we forget.
Thanks for the reminder.
I believe it.
To God ,not all givings are monitary or to the establishment of religion. His church is everywhere.

So today I decide it's time to get reacquainted with the ol' girl.
Now, nevermind the fact I'm under orders for "no physical activities" and "no lifting over 10 pounds"....
and nevermind the fact my wife has already ripped me a new one for sneaking out and doing light chores
around the place already.
No, it was time, ready or not.
I tell her I'll be going to town to run some light errands and I'll meet her for lunch at 1pm.

She assumes I'll be in my cushy Ram with a/c and power everything... :rolleyes:
After all, it's in the 90's and hot as hades. Surely I wouldn't be so stupid as to take out the GTX....

Yeah, well, step into my office:
x.jpg

Here goes nothing...

I get to all the joints I need to and by the time I get to her place, I'm a puddle of sweat and audibly wheezing.
Oops.
She comes around the front of her workplace and sees the GTX and about has a conniption in public. :thumbsup:
Good thing lunch was right next door.
Recovered in the a/c and belly full of the best little burger in town, I head back towards home.

Yeah, it was hot. Yeah, I pushed things a little. Yeah, not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes.
But - it needed done. Imperative, even.
Added bonus: the car did great and I'm starting to trust her a little more.
Biggest bonus: I caught myself grinning like an idiot going down the little highway towards home.
Literally smiling to no one but myself - and to Him, of course. Even got a little emotional....

It was flucking GLORIOUS. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back