• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have an A body can i stay ?

8 3/4's did come in some A body cars but they ain't cheap and is usually cost effective to just narrow one. That way you can chose a custom length.

Thanks cranky, the 8 3/4 i shortened was out of a c body and the 360 im not sure but im pretty sure they didn't come in a bodys so i should be ok lol

I thought we were friends. You ruined a C-body for the 8 3/4. I love the C-bodies, I can't speak to you anymore. May we have a moment of silence please. Mind you, I'm just yankin' your chain and just kidding.

Last edited:
I have an A-body 74 Duster, B-body 69 GTX and an E-body 70 Cuda. Most my complaints are from my Chevy friends. Telling me Mopars are all the same? Really? Next to nothing is interchangeable between the three. (I know there are ways, but not just bolt up.) So I hang out at 3 of the five "For X bodies only. Never owned a C-body.

Recycler.JPG 12394673-1969-plymouth-gtx-srcset-retina-xxl.jpg Car.jpg

8 3/4's did come in some A body cars but they ain't cheap and is usually cost effective to just narrow one. That way you can chose a custom length.
I have an 8 3/4 in Duster. No evidence that I can see that it was narrowed. And too lazy to try to run down numbers on a rear end. But I can say this. It's a match in heaven for an A-body.

You have officially been shown the door. LOL. Nothing wrong with having an A body or two. Welcome from Southern Indiana.

97401D30-B1C5-44C6-A95A-632B0998B852.jpeg

You have officially been shown the door. LOL. Nothing wrong with having an A body or two. Welcome from Southern Indiana.

View attachment 782860
They are lighter and cheaper for drag racing. I don't want to put my beloved GTX thru that beating. But a 74 Duster? Drive it like it's a Duster! .

Welcome from SoCal as well. I have been known to frequent A body ownership. I have owned my 68 Dart for 32 years.

And its a beauty ! Where you from wingcar ?

Thank you sir. I’m from Orange. Not too far from you. If you ever need anything let me know. One thing I can see right away is that you might need an 8 3/4 narrowed. I have the ability to do that.

The picture in post 4 is the housing I cut on my own and welded new ends I bought from doctor dif my son is a fully certified pipe welder and he did all the welding for me I've just have to take my axles down which I was planning on doing this week to cooks up in LA to have cut and resplined unless you know a different place. It looks like i might be asking you a few questions in the coming weeks.

Thank you sir. I’m from Orange. Not too far from you. If you ever need anything let me know. One thing I can see right away is that you might need an 8 3/4 narrowed. I have the ability to do that.
And thank you very much for the offer !

I bounce back and forth between A & B's When I have a A I want a B.When I have a B, I am looking for a A. Such is life..

Auto Transport Service
Back