• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I joined a group NOBODY wants to belong to..

I joined the club about 6 years ago. I went into town to gas up my '67 R/T Before going to a cruise night at another town. Coming back home to pick up my wife, a Bozo pulled out of his laneway right in front of me. I tried to get around him, but did not make it. This took out my front bumper, driver's side front fender and grill surround. Front fender pushed my door back into rear quarter, so both ends of the door were puckered, but repairable. I decided on a full strip and repaint, with some minor rust issues fixed. My insurance company and I went 50/50 on $15,000 repair bill, but that was the end of car show season for us. My car is nicer now than before the accident. No one seriously hurt and no structural damage.
This all happened 2 miles up the road from home. Statistics show that the majority of accidents happen within 3 miles of home. I guess I shoulda moved! LOL

I joined the club about 6 years ago
Sorry to hear about your ’67 R/T! That’s worse (aside from any injuries) to have a classic damaged. So far, my ’63 has been safe. But, wonder given my encounters.

Tell ya, when these things happen, my mind starts wandering about ‘what if’s.’ With buddies that ride motorcycles all the time in the summer – had the deer or turkey hit been on a bike, have to think game over – a 10lb+ bird to the face at 50+mph? Or a large deer broadsided causing extensive frontal damage to the car? Got news couple weeks ago about a guy that I used to work with at a contractor client for some years and was doing a few window replacements on our house. He started it; but then things stopped. Left him a voice mail, no call back. Another guy from the contractor came over telling me his work pard was killed on his bike near his home. Damn, that’s it, life over instantly at 47 years old with 3 kids.

Sadly, a lot of us can share similar stories..

Auto Transport Service
Back