• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just saw ads for companies looking to buy up old cars.

chargervert

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I just saw ads for a tech company called Peddle and another called Wheelzy looking to buy up old cars,I have to wonder if this might be some kind of back door cash for clunkers program to get more ICE cars off the road, more than an actual business. Any thoughts?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit...
Govt. spending at it's worst if it is...

never heard of either company

maybe you can do ain internet search & se who owns them 1st

How does Peddle work?​

Peddle buys vehicles directly from people. Peddle offers consumers a price online and picks up their vehicles at no cost. Peddle is different from some places where you sell your car online — trading in a vehicle isn't an option. It also differs from most other buyers in that it specializes in buying old, damaged and non-working cars.
Peddle began in 2004 as Junk My Car. It rebranded as Peddle in 2011 and now buys cars in all 50 states. Peddle buys personal cars and pickups only. It doesn't buy motorcycles, ATVs or light commercial vehicles.
Sellers provide information about their vehicle online, and Peddle makes a purchase offer that is good for seven days. Peddle picks up the vehicle from the seller’s home at no charge and pays with cash or a check on the spot.

Peddle Review 2023: Sell Your Car - NerdWallet

They are marketing themselves as a tech company which I find very odd. We know who the tech companies are working for now a days.

Our Woke administration at work using our Tax dollars…

I listed my '09 Challenger on Autotrader in 2021 and one of the first responses I got was from Peddle. Telling me they'd make me a cash offer and pick up the car.
I knew I wasn't going to get a decent offer from them on my one owner, garaged 37,000 mile car, so didn't bite.
I've seen videos from guys who go to Coparts yards perusing cars there, and seen some of the cars they feature come from Peddle. So they buy up cars, then turn around and auction them through places like Coparts apparently. Which tends to refute any conspiracy stories this is a plot to scrap old cars, you can go to Coparts and buy up Peddle cars and fix em up and flip or drive or whatever you want with them.

shopcleanupnov2019 004.JPG

You can't blame Pete for being suspicious. Look what California and Rhode Island are doing to push the EV scam....

Sounds like the "I'll buy your house.....CASH*" crap that's been going on for years but intensified lately.

*but only if I can get it dirt cheap.

You can say I got my tinfoil hat on if you want, but if I told you five years ago that they would engineer a man made virus and unleash the virus upon us,you would have said that I completely lost my mind!

This company very well can be legit but the theory of scrapping old cars did already happen before…so it okay to be skeptical..

I just read an ad for another company called Carvio and they put cash for clunkers right in their ad. I would not be surprised one bit to find out that the Government is behind these companies and is funding them to buy up ICE vehicles, or they are getting some kind of tax credits for every ICE vehicle that they have destroyed.

In trying to get my project titled, it sure
feels like I've had to jump thru a lot
more hoops than I did when I finished
my last project.
Used to be all they required was a bill
of sale, and a tracing of the vin plate.
On the most recent build, they want a
transferable title, and to inspect the
vin in person. It's a major hassle,
especially when dealing with some
young gal who knows absolutely
nothing about pre-war vehicles,
and where those serial (vin) numbers
are supposed to be located. They've
essentially accused me of vin
tampering because there's no serial
(vin) plate where THEY think there
should be one.
There are no "hidden" serial numbers
(vins) on a 1939 thru 1947 Dodge/
Plymouth truck cab). The plate is
screwed to the passenger side door
post. (No rivets) which is something
else they're freaking out over.
I'm thinking they've tightened up
the requirements where some will
get frustrated just enough to give
up trying to title.

Got to say, Richard, your sense of
humor is up there with the best. LOL..
When was your last interaction with
your local DMV office when trying to
get your project on the road?
It's just a fringe feeling I have, but
with the push for EV's I can't help
but think the states (liberal mostly),
are working towards inhibiting
titling and registering ICE's.
I've never in my 50 years of driving,
had this much of a problem trying
to title a car.

He lives up to his name! LOL Dick Hurtz from Holden..........Massachusetts!

Auto Transport Service
Back