• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I look like some kid's sticker album.

SteveSS

Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
Being in so many ERs, doctors' offices, and hospitals I'm full of stickers. You know the ones they stick on for monitors, those they put on to keep the IV needles in, and all the tubes I've had. You can rip those puppies off taking a bunch of chest hair with them but they still leave all these glue squares all over your body. I look like an old innertube that's been patched too many times.

You can try hand cleaner or alcohol swabs. I've had a few of them and they do leave the glue behind.

Hope you're doing well.

Being in so many ERs, doctors' offices, and hospitals I'm full of stickers. You know the ones they stick on for monitors, those they put on to keep the IV needles in, and all the tubes I've had. You can rip those puppies off taking a bunch of chest hair with them but they still leave all these glue squares all over your body. I look like an old innertube that's been patched too many times.

On this occasion, we're all good here....no need for pictures thanks. :p

I look like an old innertube that's been patched too many times.
1692671864599.png

I hope you’re doing better and getting some answers. As written, alcohol should take it off. I’d use the cheap stuff, I don’t drink but you don’t want to tick off anybody, using Jack Daniel’s or the like!

Get into a hot shower.....after 20 minutes the stickers should be less painful to remove.

No need for alcohol.....until after you finish the shower. :drinks:

Be sure to throw those stickers away after you remove them Steve. You don't want someone coming out with a new "scratch-n-sniff" sticker scent out of them. :poke:

1692705980173.png

Peculiar to me is if they shave the areas on my chest before they stick the pads on, it causes some sort of bad red, itchy irritation (eczema I guess) that last for most of a month until the hair grows back. Miserable stuff. Now, if I see a nurse coming at me with one of those little razors I say whoa - wait just a minute here and put that thing away. Just stick em on me, hair and all. I can endure ripping them off far better than a month of itchy eczema.

Yep, been there! Better than the alternative though. You should experience the nurses pulling drain tubes out of your chest after heart surgery. My wife and kid had to move out of the "splat zone" at the foot of the bed. It was good they did. :rofl:

I tried to see if I could get the Tainted Love song to go along with the beeps of my monitors. It was close.

Auto Transport Service
Back