• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I might take this out for a spin tomorrow, what do you all think?

Believe it or not, this car actually runs!
It'll give up a lot of parts for the project

20220707_120114.jpg

20220707_120140.jpg

20220616_083222.jpg

Ut oh, here comes the property owner.... :elmer:

"KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!"

:lol:

Nice.

Be careful with those late B body mirrors.
If they're from that Cordoba- they mount totally different than a 71-74 mirror.

Suddenly I crave red wine vinegar chips.

There was a restaurant in a Tampa mall that served fresh, hot potato chips with shredded (IIRC) gorgonzola and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

They were to die for.

If you bring this wreck back it will make for an epic story. Gonna be a helluva lot of work though.

There was a restaurant in a Tampa mall that served fresh, hot potato chips with shredded (IIRC) gorgonzola and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

They were to die for.
That sounds... incredible. Is it still there by any chance?

I'm not sure.

We have a more local place that has homemade chips on their "side item bar".

I somewhat jokingly suggested they should serve them with cheese and balsamic.....and they sounded very interested. Been back a few times but never saw them.

I'm not sure.

We have a more local place that has homemade chips on their "side item bar".

I somewhat jokingly suggested they should serve them with cheese and balsamic.....and they sounded very interested. Been back a few times but never saw them.
If I'm ever in the area (I wanna go to Universal one day), I'll have to see what I can find

I'm back!! :D
We've begun cutting off the smashed end to replace it. Moving the replacement rear end was difficult, but we did it!

20220926_145118.jpg

20220926_145101.jpg

20220926_111232.jpg

20220926_111218.jpg

UPDATE: We removed the differential and rear window and removed all the parts inside it that we plan to put back on. Unfortunately, my phone is not a good one, so I only have a picture of the differential. More pictures and a walk-around video will follow tomorrow :)

20220927_181337.jpg

Hello again! Here is the youtube video I promised!

Great project. Looks like you will have a really nice car once it is all stitched back together!

Hey, everyone! I have an update on the Franken-runner project. We made more cuts to the Satellite and put the Road Runner end on an A-frame! Here are some pictures and a video of my friend explaining what we're doing!

20230104_150205.jpg

20230104_150156.jpg

Well, this sure should prove interesting...

As long as you're doing all that metal work, you could go cut the mirror mounting areas from those Cordoba doors.

That would make mounting the mirrors on that Satellite a LOT easier.

Auto Transport Service
Back