• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I modified Holley 2300 for 6-Pack

Carcinogen

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Had read about modifying a Holley 2300 to fit 6-Pack and could not find much info, so I'd thought i'd do a write up on what i did. Being the cheap bastard I am with more time than money, paying $800+ was too much so I picked up a used 2300 off Ebay for less than $100 and proceeded to hacksaw and grind it to fit. Also swapped the throttle shaft from damaged carb and did need to use 6-Pack fuel bowl as it is different from standard Holley bowl.

To get the venturi vacuum reference required some drilling. The 2300 main body has extra metal in the right spots to allow for vacuum modifications. Figured out the size of venturi port by eyeball and drilled that size all the way then used a larger bit part way. If I was not going to use the choke would only need to drill one hole (hole 1). So I had to drill hole 2 up to hole 1 then drilled hole 3 to tap into hole 2. Used .22 lead air gun pellets to seal hole 1 and 2 and small tube for vacuum hose in hole 3. found tube at Chicago Carburetor

Carbb.jpg

That's awesome. Love how you managed to mix gun stuff into your mopar. .22 is the best and most versatile caliber in my opinion and this is more proof!

Pretty much the same as we did in '74 with my first 6 Pak. The guy I got it from had cut a 500 to fit in the center with mechanical end carb linkage. I wanted the factory style system, so I got the OEM throttle shaft, measured where the vacuum port was and drilled the hole for a brake line. Then tapped the brake line in. Used a lead fishing sinker in the brake line, and drilled it to the same as OEM size hole. It worked perfectly.

Auto Transport Service
Back