• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need an Opinion

Bruzilla

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
I got the decals for my Project Pittsbird 74 Roadrunner in, and I need an opinion on them. The car is going to be black, so should I cut the decals to the edge of the black like the stock ones were, or leave about an 1/8" Steelers gold border around the outside to make the decal stand out a bit?

With the border...

Image1.jpg

Without...

Image2.jpg

Which would look better?

i would leave the gold boarder,looks kinda small without it.

The black border is exactly 3" in diameter like the stock decal, and with the border the decal would be 3.25", which is a little wider than stock but not noticeably.

I like the gold border too but if the lettering on the borderless one was a little bolder that might look good. Not bigger, but bolder. I take it both decals will be round?

Very creative.

I also vote for the gold border.

I like the no border look - it will stand out less - but thats just me. Great idea though!

I like the gold border too but if the lettering on the borderless one was a little bolder that might look good. Not bigger, but bolder. I take it both decals will be round?

Yep, they will be round. I has them printed out square vice die cut in case I opted to go with the border. Plus they printed them on gold 3M reflective vinyl. :)

With the border here, if it didn't have the gold around it then id say without.. And they are cool, the right person sees what you did, you just may be surprised at being at the stadium with your car maybe, things do happen like that once in awhile.. never say never!

I'm waiting on my bumper stickers to get printed now. One is a 1971 ARCO Pirates sticker that says "we had 'em all the way". The other is a 1973 Penguins sticker with the Winky's logo (anyone from Pittsburgh remember Winkys?), and third is a catch the Steelers on WIIC 1973 sticker. Plus I'm having a pair of the 2.5" Direct Connection letters printed up to run across the bottom of the doors.

Auto Transport Service
Back