• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need more practice lol.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Well last Friday was my last day at the shop. I have now retired.
So it's fall and I need to find some new hobbies, I have been on bowling leagues for years.
Needed something besides the endless 100 plus year old home remodel.
I joined a sportsman/gun club and entered my 1st real trap shooting meet.
2 rounds, 25 shots per. scored 12 1st round and 13 the second. So 50% I need to practice. Lmao.
Putting some fresh line on the poles. My Satas are put away.
Coronet is done, it is going to be a nice fall.

Hey!! That's awesome, congrats on the well deserved free time. I have another 4.5 years to go. Shooting is a fun hobby for sure.

Hey!! That's awesome, congrats on the well deserved free time. I have another 4.5 years to go. Shooting is a fun hobby for sure.
Thanks, I enjoyed shooting for years but this is the 1st time I have joined a club.
Nice bunch of guys.
threewood that 4.5 will go fast.

If you want to really have fun, try .22rf. There’s a guy in ur 3-state area that has barn where they try out stuff. Go to ‘’ rimfireaccuracy.com or benchrest.com. “ husker” or “Landy”. Just retired and has a big farm. Sorry,memory is not what it used to be!

If you want to really have fun, try .22rf. There’s a guy in ur 3-state area that has barn where they try out stuff. Go to ‘’ rimfireaccuracy.com or benchrest.com. “ husker” or “Landy”. Just retired and has a big farm. Sorry,memory is not what it used to be!
Thank you, two really interesting sights.
I was reading some on the guys bench rest shooting RF.22s out to 268 yards.
Hell I'm having trouble hitting with a 12ga. :lol:

Well last Friday was my last day at the shop. I have now retired.
So it's fall and I need to find some new hobbies, I have been on bowling leagues for years.
Needed something besides the endless 100 plus year old home remodel.
I joined a sportsman/gun club and entered my 1st real trap shooting meet.
2 rounds, 25 shots per. scored 12 1st round and 13 the second. So 50% I need to practice. Lmao.
Putting some fresh line on the poles. My Satas are put away.
Coronet is done, it is going to be a nice fall.

congrats....... whatever you do, have fun doing it!

Congrats and well-deserved. Use my philosophy: I'm reliving my teenage years from over a half century ago. Playing with cars, playing with music, and playing with women.

Thank you, two really interesting sights.
I was reading some on the guys bench rest shooting RF.22s out to 268 yards.
Hell I'm having trouble hitting with a 12ga. :lol:
congrats.jpg on your retirement, my friend!
I'm of legal age to do the early out....but that ain't happening. Can't afford it!

What is a RF.22 anyways? Y'all talking about 22LR?

Congrats! I am in Ed's camp, of age but can't afford it either. When & if it finally happens, I will most likely pass on from shock, lol!
:lol:

I may have made a mistake retiring. I have so many projects I’m in various phases of completion (many in early phases, lol) not counting the things I want to do on my old car. Doubt I’ll get to them all.

Believe it had to do with more time the think of all da **** that needs doing…I didn’t have time to think about before retiring. This trap is likely avoidable if I'd think more.

Congrats! I have been retired for a little over 4 years, and I thought the same as you: That I will need to find new things to fill my time....... and you start down that path, but then things will find you.... and then you also learn to slow down and enjoy your coffee a little longer, etc. The time fills in.

Enjoy, and make the most of it. Don't wait to follow your dreams and check some of your boxes off before age and health make them less likely to happen.

Thanks guys, I tell you it just felt right.
My full retirement age was 66 and a few months that would roll up this next March.
We had a buyer for the shop and real-estate, My brother and I talked about it and working another 6 months or a year was not going to change anything for ethier if us.
Plus we could lose the buyer and end up useing a comercial realtor.
The past month we had 2 auctions and hauled alot of things home.
Finished up our customer list.
Here is the last dog out. Sorry it's a chev I would have like to finish with a mopar.
20230922_114813.jpg

Congrats. Now come to Colorado and help me get all these damn car projects done!

Congrats on your big day!! Enjoy and slow down, let it come to you. You'll find plenty to do as the days go by.

@1967coronet, congratulations on crossing the career finish line. Looking forward to it myself.
The ticker started yesterday for 4 years and change before I'm eligible to throw the towel in myself(closer to 5 years but I'm in denial).
Mama's making sure I have my retirement hobbies and projects in line now, and not wait until the "day of". :lol:

Most guys I talk to say they're busier in retirement than they were when they were working. Wish you all the best in finding the balance.

Auto Transport Service
Back