• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think something's wrong with the Boeing 737 Max 8

Just flew Southwest last week. 737. Beautiful aircraft. How to tell it’s a Max B?[/

I believe it’s painted right on the aircraft. Besides that you could check your itinerary. Usually states the aircraft.

Last edited:
For some reason the FAA insists on keeping these planes in the air. Europe and much of Asia is grounding them. I sure as hell don’t want to get on one until they figure out the problem - be it human or mechanical. I’ll be on 6 flights in April - all 737s - but not the MAX planes. Thank God

For some reason the FAA insists on keeping these planes in the air. Europe and much of Asia is grounding them. I sure as hell don’t want to get on one until they figure out the problem - be it human or mechanical. I’ll be on 6 flights in April - all 737s - but not the MAX planes. Thank God

I have always said one of the big differences
between signing off on a aircraft job Vs auto
job is------you can pull to the side of the road
of the car fails

Pretty much what I tell some of my cheap customers that complain about $75/hr to bolt their propellor on, yet they'll gladly pay the local auto shop $108/hr for some kid to bolt their wheels on...

I’ll fly any 737. Anywhere. Anytime. With an American Crew. Working for an American Airline. We got it going on here. The best.

Just a thought, have never seen a computer problem on a car/truck—NOT!

Of 10K 737s delivered since 1967, fewer that .05% have crashed.

Of the 310 737 Max delivered, 2 have crashed = .006%

Just got a long message from my place of work advising us to consider avoiding the max until this is resolved. A lot of information and analysis in the message.

Of 10K 737s delivered since 1967, fewer that .05% have crashed.

Of the 310 737 Max delivered, 2 have crashed = .006%

I think it would be 0.6% for the max and in a shorter time frame. The 737 is an excellent airplane. The max will be resolved and we will know in due time. Two accidents are still very small number statistics and don't prove anything. Taking precautions just in case also makes sense. The US is driven by businesses and any government action needs to make sure it won't have a backlash from business. Especially with US companies. People are one thing, but they chose the small number statistics argument and uncertainty in the findings argument to make their case.

Just got a long message from my place of work advising us to consider avoiding the max until this is resolved. A lot of information and analysis in the message.

I think it would be 0.6% for the max and in a shorter time frame. The 737 is an excellent airplane. The max will be resolved and we will know in due time. Two accidents are still very small number statistics and don't prove anything. Taking precautions just in case also makes sense. The US is driven by businesses and any government action needs to make sure it won't have a backlash from business. Especially with US companies. People are one thing, but they chose the small number statistics argument and uncertainty in the findings argument to make their case.

2 of 100 would be 2%. 2 of 200 would be 1%. 2 of 300 would be .5%. So 2 of 310 is slightly less than .5%. Yeah, I got carried away with the decimal point, good catch. Still a great safety record, no matter what.

Last edited:
Look at the problems that the DC-10 had in it's early days. They fixed it! Then look at the great airplane that it turned out to be!

They said that through satellite tracking they could see many similarities to what had happened in the Ethiopia crash in the flights in Canadian air. There was not a warm fuzzy feeling of confidence. Therefore they called for the ban

Just heard that Trump has announced the grounding of ALL 737 MAX 8 and 9 aircraft until further notice. This, after the rest of the world has already done so, and in stark contrast to what the FAA has been saying, that the plane is safe. Shows how much influence big business has had on the FAA and government, with this delay. A plane that will fly itself into the ground at a steep angle IS NOT SAFE. The pilots may have been able to avoid the crash by turning the auto pilot off, manually adjusting the elevator trim, or turning off the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, MCAS (anti-stall). The incomprehensible neglect of Boeing to not train or even inform pilots of the new anti stall system, is a crime in and of itself. They thought it would be too costly! WOW

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back