• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think this guy has an interesting take on future collectible cars. It's not good.

SteveSS

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
Granted this is a few years old and is concerning the UK market. The first half you have all heard before but what he says about the coming EV cars is important. He thinks most of the cool cars will dip severely when no new gas cars are available, in 2030. No gasoline cars will be allowed after 2050, therefore effectively outlawing them. When this happens prices will drop precipitously. The super rare and super expensive cars will still hold their value but as collectibles like artwork. Not being driven but just to be looked at. His advice is to get what you want and DRIVE IT! Therefore getting enjoyment rather than treating it as an investment. I can see similar laws occurring in liberal states like California.

I can see Hemi Chargers and Challengers fitting into this category but not much else in our Mopar world. Who knows, he could be wrong but it's worth thinking about. What say you?

My friend has a big piece of property in the woods and we are preparing to go full Dukes on their asses! Remember the episode where they ripped uncle Jessie's car apart and couldn't find the moonshine because it was in the gas tank? That's right, we are going to set up a still and run them all on alcohol! Screw them! Imagine a bunch of drunk rednecks driving Mopars on alcohol! Gonna be a blast!

Kind of like when new cars can beat the old cars in the quarter mile then the value of the old cars will drop to zero. Oh wait.....

End of the day I really don't give a ****, I own these cars not because of their value.... I own them cause I like to drive them... I've driven one of my old cars every day this month including in the rain.... Yes I worry about the idiots on the road but screw them, I have insurance... They're cars not collectibles or trophies...

Yip, ill just convert car to burn corn liquor. The pickup will be even easier, soy oil, corn oil, whatever you name it she will burn it.

Life is an illusion. I'll define my own.

Horses didn't go away, so cars with any cool factor will survive

I'm still waiting for E-outboards, that'll be hilarious when they go up in flames on the water.
Dewalt had their mower start on fire last week at GIE or whatever it's called now.

End of the day I really don't give a ****, I own these cars not because of their value.... I own them cause I like to drive them... I've driven one of my old cars every day this month including in the rain.... Yes I worry about the idiots on the road but screw them, I have insurance... They're cars not collectibles or trophies...
Eggzackly !

Monday...
beecruiseshealeavesoct252022 012.jpg

Tuesday...
1966hp2cruiseandivroct252022 015.jpg

I agree, it’s nice when you can decide which of ## of classics you / we own and will drive because we can. I always say I need to open a chiropractic clinic for the wrenched necks as I/we cruise past.

They can make all the battery cars they want, but doesn't mean everyone is going to buy them. I forsee a lot if these sitting on lots. Especially with the price tags they have on them and this is only one part of one party's thinking. Time will tell. Everyone forgets 3 short years ago fuel was less than 2 bucks a gallin around here. This isn't written in stone. It's fluid. Jmho.

We actually made a still. The highest we ever got the proof up to was about 90. It was mainly a science experiment. The corn liquor smelled like Tequila. I was afraid to drink it but some other friends did.

I think a nicely restored and original cars will stand the test of time.

A commodity in the future like gold perhaps.

I build and drive cars because it keeps me happy and young at heart.

Just my 2 cents worth

Yep, what he said^^^^Life's is too short, get out there and go for a cruise in want you spent so much time getting to run, thats where the real satisfaction is!

I might not have made it clear. You CAN"T have a gas-powered car on the road by 2050 in the UK. That's why he said these cars have an expiration date. Do you really think it won't happen in California and possibly Colorado? I would be 94 years old. Who knows, my mom is 92. But I plan on handing my cars down to my kids. They will be in their 50's.

What is a Dodge Hellcat worth if it's illegal to drive? That 1969 Hemi Charger will still be a work of art. 30 years sounds like a long way off. 1992 is 30 years ago that's when Vipers came out and I still think of it as a fairly modern car.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back