• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I work 4 10's what do you work?

DuPont swing shift 12’s. The switching shifts gets old with age.

When I leave the house for work I'm usually gone 2-4 weeks at a time. I usually use up my 70 hours in 6 days.

Like @Roger63 I work 2-4 weeks at a time.

20190402_094612.jpg

4-9's and 1-4 up until last week. 5-10's now for awhile. Paid every two weeks. 20 hours OT per check. The projects need this

I work 12 hrs a day 5 days and 6 hrs on Sat. Also have a 1 hour drive to a
Work and 1 hour back home.

Cnc your doing what you have to do for your reasons. Your hard working man ! Good for you! I know one thing if your willing to work hard things will work out most of the time!

Self-employed Electrical Contractor here. Mostly 6-8 hours a day Mon-Fri, but often spend 8 hours a day on Saturdays & Sundays. Christmas shutdowns can last for 3 weeks depending on client. Taking a couple of weeks off now to push through some much needed home reno work at my place. Today I am a Painter. :D

Self-employed Electrical Contractor here. Mostly 6-8 hours a day Mon-Fri, but often spend 8 hours a day on Saturdays & Sundays. Christmas shutdowns can last for 3 weeks depending on client. Taking a couple of weeks off now to push through some much needed home reno work at my place. Today I am a Painter. :D
The honey-do list.

NowThatsFunny-TheHoneyDoList-JulAug2012.jpg

My wife has been a rock on the project....she wants to pick the colours. :rofl:

To be fair....she works hard at her job to pay the bills and keep us living comfortably. You'd think she could at least grab some sandpaper once in a while. :lol:

I work 80 hrs a week so the Somalis and Sudanese imported here don't have to.

My wife has been a rock on the project....she wants to pick the colours. :rofl:

To be fair....she works hard at her job to pay the bills and keep us living comfortably. You'd think she could at least grab some sandpaper once in a while. :lol:
You're lucky that I don't know her. I would tell her the sandpaper comment. You would be on the couch for a week. :lol:

Retired at 58 but used to work 80 hr weeks - and typically 7 days a week. Burned out then bailed out. Non too soon either. One heart attack - would have had another I’m sure if I didn’t retire. Best thing I’ve ever done.

I'd love to switch to a 4/10 work week, as it is I generally work at least 10 hours m-f (GM manufacturing), a 3 day weekend would be great but might prove to be difficult with our customers and vendors. Difficult, not impossible.

Auto Transport Service
Back