• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would like to be wrong on this 67 Coronet...

View attachment 1525021

Seller's Description​

1967 coronet RT, non matching 67 HP 440, 727, 915 HP heads, one year only HP exhaust manifolds. Green with white parchment vinyl top and black interior. Bucket seats with buddy seat, column shift auto, electric windows, drum brakes, sure grip 8 3/4 3.91gear. Build sheet and title. Comes with a 1966 coronet 500 parts car and extra 500/R/T parts. $13,000.00. OBO

The description above is from the ad, not mine.

I am not sure if I am breaking some secret internet rules by posting the stuff above from the gentleman's ad. I am not trying to mess with his sale, the opposite actually. If he was within a couple of hundred miles of me I would be looking at the car in person. I consider this an opportunity to learn more about these cars.
Hard pass

Hard pass
Would love to hear more about your thoughts on this. Are you thinking not an R/T, or just overpriced? In my area I think it would sell quickly if it is what the seller describes.

The body code on the rad support and rear crossmember should be 7750408260. I wouldn't travel a long distance to look at it without a picture of it, at least on the rad support.

The body code on the rad support and rear crossmember should be 7750408260. I wouldn't travel a long distance to look at it without a picture of it, at least on the rad suppor
Was the number on the rad support there in 67? Thought that started in 68.

Looks good, came with 3.23 gears new.

those look like GM SEATS

They chiseled off the inner door appliques

Looks good, came with 3.23 gears new.

those look like GM SEATS
Made me go back and look again. Have to agree with you. The headrests look like what used to be on my Chevelle.

rad support and rear crossmember in 67.......

my 68 GTX has fender mount blinkers, pretty sure it was an option..... but not for a 67 R/T?

Yes it’s true. 67 gtx could have them but not 67 R/T.
my 68 GTX has fender mount blinkers, pretty sure it was an option..... but not for a 67 R/T?
Just what they did. Like no rally dash in 68-69 roadrunner, but standard on a 1970. no 70 GTX or sport satellite convertible.

The sales order number from the fender tag is stamped on the inside of the rad support. The rad blocks it so you really need to remove the rad to get a good look at it. It's also stamped inside the rear bumper bulkhead. Both are on the driver's side of car.

There's nothing like the 67 R/T...

67 b-bodies generally have the core support number stamped on the top surface. All of mine do, LA and ST Louis plants.

My 66 St Louis car has it on the top, too.

It was under part of the anti-freeze sticker.

The documentation and body stamps are more important. Don't let superficial, insignificant minor trim details steer you. Besides factory missteps, people used to do their own "customization" on their cars back in the day. Example: ooh, I like those fender lamps, can you put a set on my car ? Sure = $$... Remember a guy talking about putting 70 charger door scoops on his 69 car, 'cause he liked the look, never found out if he did it.

We know there is a 500 parts car.

That certainly could explain the deck lid and or just the trim.

Would love to hear more about your thoughts on this. Are you thinking not an R/T, or just overpriced? In my area I think it would sell quickly if it is what the seller describes.
If you wanted to bring this car back to its former glory be prepared to invest a lot of $$$. Hard to find some specific parts = expensive. If you want to flip it possibly make some $$. Either way I believe you need to purchase much cheaper than the advertised price. I also believe it's the real deal R/T. Just my two cents.

67 b-bodies generally have the core support number stamped on the top surface. All of mine do, LA and ST Louis plants.
My '67 GTX has the SO number stamped on the radiator side of the core support (behind the top right tank looking straight at the car) and on the drivers rear bumper frame mount area...

Correct coronet 500, wish I had some better pics

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

Those are definitely NOT 67 seats, headrests or buddy seat.
Yep.....I looked at the car before on market place.....the Texas Mopar hounds on Youtube would be all over it al ready - and posting the find !

Auto Transport Service
Back