• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IBM Card received today from Historical Services

Super, thanks a lot ! The rear is currently a 3:23 sure grip. Seats are split bench with the fold down arm rest.
Kind of disappointing that the original motor was a 2bbl version. Got a AFB on it now.

I think standard with the 361 was 3.23 Not sure if that number represented sure grip or not.

With no punch in 52 looks like open rear.
Also, a punch in 65 could be an ordered car.

I took a shot but I don't know axle and not sure if your interior is bench or bucket.

VIN 3325145464 -332 - 1962 Plymouth Fury / 5 - assembly plant - Los Angeles, CA
Shipping Order - 06147040
Region - 71 - California
Dealer - 61339 - Jack Powell Chrysler-Plymouth
Body Type - 332 3-Car Line - Plymouth 3 -Price Class - Fury 2 - Body Style - 2 door hard top
Paint - WW1 - Ermine White monotone paint
TRIM - 245 red vinyl
Transmission - 342 - A727 torqueflight
Interior Items - 411 - Safety Belts
Engines & Power Packages - 503 - 361-2bbl V8
Closed Crank Case Vent - 511
Axle Ratios - 531
Tires - 26 - D70x14" BSW
New Car Service Sold Car 652 - Sold Car
Make - 673 - Plymouth
Model - 683 - Fury
Year - 692 - 1962
Plant - 705 - Los Angeles, CA
Sequence Number - 145464
Shipping Date - 06/12/62

Rob, can you look at mine? It’s a few posts up

I took a shot but I don't know axle and not sure if your interior is bench or bucket.

VIN 3325145464 -332 - 1962 Plymouth Fury / 5 - assembly plant - Los Angeles, CA
Shipping Order - 06147040
Region - 71 - California
Dealer - 61339 - Jack Powell Chrysler-Plymouth
Body Type - 332 3-Car Line - Plymouth 3 -Price Class - Fury 2 - Body Style - 2 door hard top
Paint - WW1 - Ermine White monotone paint
TRIM - 245 red vinyl
Transmission - 342 - A727 torqueflight
Interior Items - 411 - Safety Belts
Engines & Power Packages - 503 - 361-2bbl V8
Closed Crank Case Vent - 511
Axle Ratios - 531
Tires - 26 - D70x14" BSW
New Car Service Sold Car 652 - Sold Car
Make - 673 - Plymouth
Model - 683 - Fury
Year - 692 - 1962
Plant - 705 - Los Angeles, CA
Sequence Number - 145464
Shipping Date - 06/12/62

What is a closed crank case vent? Is this a draft tube?

Ok, so where do I request one of these?
Can I get one for my 69 Charger?

I got the IBM card for my 1963 Chrysler 300... I can decode it myself just fine, but I need a repro fender tag made since mine is lost... anyone know a source aside from Galen or MMCDetroit (having trouble getting a response from either)?

i have a draft tube on mine. I believe they changed to a pcv in 1962 sometime?

The closed crankcase vent was a California thing. (PCV) East coast maybe mid west was the vent tube. Not sure which year they changed all vehicles to PCV.

The closed crankcase vent was a California thing. (PCV) East coast maybe mid west was the vent tube. Not sure which year they changed all vehicles to PCV.

Thanks Kid. I was thinking it must mean a closed vent system, as in PCV set up. I’m on the fence whether to change mine back to a PCV system. The draft tube is kind of cool, albeit not correct for the car. I do think a PCV would cut down on some of the combustion odors I get in the car.

Just got mine today after requesting it in August. Quality is a bit crap towards the bottom (microfiche scanner operator must have been hungover that day). Either way...as others who have posted here, I need some help deciphering it. The engine is what I'm really interested in. But I did also noticed the original color was black. While I'll probably take others advice here regarding reaching out to FastbackJon, it was interesting to me that there is no information regarding the engine...or I'm just misreading it.

62Fury3321167444.png

It’s there in the punch outs, right under the word Chrysler Motors

Just got mine today after requesting it in August. Quality is a bit crap towards the bottom (microfiche scanner operator must have been hungover that day). Either way...as others who have posted here, I need some help deciphering it. The engine is what I'm really interested in. But I did also noticed the original color was black. While I'll probably take others advice here regarding reaching out to FastbackJon, it was interesting to me that there is no information regarding the engine...or I'm just misreading it.

View attachment 1296127
It is not uncommon to have some poorer quality copies, the originals are 0ver 50 years old.

I just received mine today as well. Danielle said that there was no selling dealer info, so I guess I still don't know where it stared out. The card looks different from the other ones I have seen, in that there are no numbers on the form related to the hole punches. I saved it as a pdf file. I am not sure how to post it as a picture. Can anyone help me out with decoding?

Attachments

• XP29F61283874 (1).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
I just received mine today as well. Danielle said that there was no selling dealer info, so I guess I still don't know where it stared out. The card looks different from the other ones I have seen, in that there are no numbers on the form related to the hole punches. I saved it as a pdf file. I am not sure how to post it as a picture. Can anyone help me out with decoding?
Mine had no dealer info, either. When I had it decoded by Fastback Jon, he told me the dealer number is similar to ones he's seen that were corporate cars. Yours is close in number to mine, so yours could have been a corporate car, maybe.

Are you guys getting actual cards? Mine were photo copies from the microfische.

Auto Transport Service
Back