• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID Number on Radiator Support

FlagCraig

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
On my Challenger the number on radiator support coincides with my VIN #.

Does the 66-67 Satellite, Belvedere, GTX also have the ID # on the radiator support that should match VIN?

I really like a car and it has no Fender Tag. So I am trying to do as much investigating as possible for authenticity.

Appreciate the help.

If I recall correctly it is the SO number or order number, or at least a portion of it. I know the ones on my 67 are not stamped clearly enough to really be readable but That is what I think I remember.

Does the 66-67 Satellite, Belvedere, GTX also have the ID # on the radiator support that should match VIN?

No. The have what is known as the Sales Order number stamped on the body. The number stamped on the body would correspond to the same number on the fender tag. The only way to tie a body to a VIN during that era is with a factory document such as a broadcast sheet, window sticker, IBM card, invoice, etc.

69 and up radiator support match the vin ............. 68 and down match the fender tag (order number)

Auto Transport Service
Back