• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID this steering column

I am pretty sure (as in positive) this is not a B body column, but I also think it might work with some effort. I kind of like the steering wheel but doubt I will use it, still mulling over which wheel to use; I like the Tuff wheel and have one in my 70 challenger, I like the rim blow but they are too big. I might find an aftermarket wheel I like as I did for my 73 Cuda.

well, starting from the fact B columns got the shifter dial indicator while C bodies didn't... this is definitelly not a B body column LOL

I had some thoughts about how I would address the issues but never got to try them. Maybe they can help you out.
First I thought I could use the B-body outer part of the column so it would mount to the bracket and use the guts from the tilt. This would depend on if the column diameter and bolt patterns are the same. You would then just have to fabricate a mount for the switch and maybe have to make a new rod to actuate.
I also thought about possibly using the shifter eliminator pieces from Tony's but again I haven't compared them physically to see if it would work. I also don't recall if the tilt column is collapsible but you may be able to use the lower section that goes to the steering gear from the B-body column with the tilt to eliminate the rag joint.

Auto Transport Service
Back