• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify these bolts! Curious

1968rt

Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Top bolt is a BB crank to flex bolt. second row crank and/or flex bolts, third row??

FWbolts.jpg

side bolt.jpg

Last edited:
Top only pic is a hard sell, but bottom maybe seatbelt

The bolts are all the same length, short maybe about 3/4"

Can't see the lengths. Top look like flexplate to crank bolts, middle flexplate to crank bolts, bottom, flexplate to convertor bolts.

Heres the side view. Seems the bolt on right has the top radiused, maybe machined??

side bolt.jpg

I’m also going with seat belt for the one on the right. I have 2 belt bolts on my workbench I’ll look at tomorrow

The smooth tops are flexplate to converter on 426 Hemi.

the other two are flexplate to crankshaft.

The bolt with the rounded head looks to have a larger thread diameter by about 1/16".

Seat belt bolts have to be longer to thread through the carpet. Convertor bolts can't be too long or they'll bottom out, Crank bolts can't be too long either or they'll thread out the front of the crank flange. R413 got the Hemi part right on the convertor bolts, they are thicker than wedge convertor bolts.

Pretty sure the Hemi bolts were 7/16", same as A & B engines. Eight used on the Hemi, six on the others.

P4120464, 8 bolt crank bolt package in the Perf Parts catalog, all have flat heads.

The third row (with no markings)
looks as though they've been
machined down to fit a certain
application.

It may be an optical illusion but the bolt on the right appears to have a thicker threaded portion. IIRC, there was/is/are 2 different flex plate to converter bolt sizes. Maybe the one on the right is the bigger size bolt?

Auto Transport Service
Back