• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you had to pick a single favorite character from some of the shows you've liked, who would they be?

beanhead

May I Land My Kinky Machine
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
We started discussing this last night over MLB playoffs and brewskis...I thought it might be fun here too.
Even if they weren't considered a "main" character or a cast regular, who are/were some of your favorites?

"Coach" from Cheers.
Lt. Castillo/Edward James Olmos on Miami Vice.
Cosmo Kramer.
Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Red Foreman from That 70s Show.
Al Bundy

A bunch come to mind; but probably my #1 is Jim Rockford from the Rockford Files played by James Garner. Regular guy, making mistakes like people do in real life, nothing fancy or lofty, unforced humor. Some other likable characters on the show including his dad played by Noah Beery Jr., having some resemblance to Garner. While I remember watching it when it was new, had the chance to watch the entire series when I was laid up after surgery last winter. It was sad when I watched the last episode wanting more and knowing all are gone now.

The way I think about this, I think of the characters that I’d want to know and spend time with.
I can’t narrow this down to one. I’ve had lots of favorite shows over the years.
In a zombie environment, I’d want to be friends with Rick Grimes. He and I would get along.
Kramer from Seinfeld would be funny to hang out with.
In the Fast and Furious movies, I wouldn’t pick any of those idiots. Their car talk is full of bullshit jargon that nobody uses.
I’d gladly be friends with Cooter and Bo Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard.
I’d love to be an assistant to Colt Seavers on The Fall Guy.
Yellowstone would be interesting but Rip and John are too damn serious and wouldn’t appreciate my brand of smart *** humor.

Last edited:
Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor in Dr. Who.

John Hillerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins III "Higgins" in Magnum P.I.

Sorrell Booke as Boss Hogg in The Dukes of Hazzard.

Joe Kenda as himself in Homicide Hunter.

---

Jacquelyn Ellen "Jaclyn" Smith as Kelly Garrett in Charlie's Angels.

Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard.

Victoria Principal as Pam Ewing in Dallas.

Loretta Swit as Major Margaret as "Hot Lips" Houlihan in M*A*S*H.

Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street.......nobody except that stoopid big yellow bird has ever seen him, and he always disappears before the work needs doing.

Maybe he's a Union guy? :rolleyes:

Are you from Colorado too?
Why, did I already post 10 threads like this today:D

A bunch come to mind; but probably my #1 is Jim Rockford from the Rockford Files played by James Garner. Regular guy, making mistakes like people do in real life, nothing fancy or lofty, unforced humor. Some other likable characters on the show including his dad played by Noah Beery Jr., having some resemblance to Garner. While I remember watching it when it was new, had the chance to watch the entire series when I was laid up after surgery last winter. It was sad when I watched the last episode wanting more and knowing all are gone now.
Jimmy Rockford! Excellent pick.

In the Fast and Furious movies, I wouldn’t pick any of those idiots. Their car talk is full of bullshit jargon that nobody uses.
:rofl:
...........too damn serious and wouldn’t appreciate my brand of smart *** humor.
Thank goodness for FBBO, right?

Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street.......nobody except that stoopid big yellow bird has ever seen him, and he always disappears before the work needs doing.

Maybe he's a Union guy? :rolleyes:
You get points just for spelling Snuffleuppawhatever correctly... Or at least attempting to!

1697930735386.jpeg
:lol:

Fred Sanford. My favorite Tv character, nobody could have played that better the Red Foxx

Tony Soprano
Jim Rockford
Kowalski
I used to like the Sopranos but a few years after the show ended, it was apparent what a narcissistic asshole that Tony was.
I don't think you're like him, are you?

Auto Transport Service
Back